Best Course you have played?

Davey S2

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For best read most enjoyable.

The biggest 'name' course I have played is probably Royal St Georges but truth be told I'm not a massive fan of links golf (I know, I know burn the heretic!).

Most enjoyable for me was probably either The Rolls of Monmouth or St Georges Hill.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Best..... Royal County Down

Most enjoyable...... The Georgian just outside Atlanta. Slopey greens measuring 13 on the stimp, you could blow on your ball and it would roll 10 feet :eek:oo:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Old Course St.Andrews and then close behind, Turnberry, Cruden Bay, Carnoustie and Pyrford. Then a lot of others and then a long long gap to Lydd.

Pyrford?

You're having a giraffe right......??

doc333

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Marbella Golf & Country Club: manicured, stunning condition, great views and plenty of fantastic holes with no 2 holes the same.

San Lorenzo in the Algarve

Old Course Vilamoura

Vale Royal Abbey - wow

T

thecraw

I'm also an old fashioned links lover.

Machrihanish and Western Gailes float my boat. Of the newer links I love Dundonald and Machrihanish Dunes, both great tests of golf and nice lay outs.

Inland I love Toads place (Blairgowrie) Spey Valley and Boat of Garten.

Enjoyed my day at Walton Heath, very nice track as well.

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
Dundonald. Love the place,tough as nuts challenge,but a truly superb mix of holes. Tied 20th in the open on sunday with a 91 nett 86! Off the black tees,they're moving them forward for senior open qualifier next week. Was beyond the limit of amateur golf but so enjoyable. I played out if my skin too. Nett 77 win,best scratch was 78. Fastest greens I've ever seen,gives you a realisation of how well the pros hit greens and putt

level5s

Head Pro
Visit site
Last year I played the Old Course, but it felt too much like I was on a conveyor belt to enjoy it and look around.

I have great memories of playing many many rounds on Dufftown as a kid on holidays at my aunts, but to be honest the course isn't special being on the side of a hill.

not sure if I could actually pick a favourite, a lot have special places for differing reasons.

saying that I play Trump next month so it should in theory go to the top as it is the best in the world by all accounts (trump PR anyway).

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Old Course St Andrews, best and most enjoyable.

Mentions though for Saunton East, Swinley, St Georges Hill, West Hill, Hankley Common and Broadstone.

Think I must like links and heathland courses, but if I had to choose a parkland course it would be Bearwood Lakes.