Best course in Liverpool area to hold Ryder cup

kevingopher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all, with the impending doom that my 40th birthday will bring soon, the good lady has agreed to treat me to a night away and a round on a Ryder cup course (something I have done the last two years) in order to take the edge of the pain of getting older!!
My question is: can anyone give me a recommendation as to what course in the Liverpool area, that has held a Ryder cup, you would choose having already played. I may be able to stretch to two rounds but all three would be out of the question.
Thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm pretty sure only Birkdale and S&A have held the Ryder cup in this area.

If funds allow play Birkdale, if it's too pricey S&A is a top 100 course and definitely worth playing.

There's Hillside,Formby and West lancs that are well worth playing aswell. One thing for sure is you've got plenty of choice up on the coast.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all, with the impending doom that my 40th birthday will bring soon, the good lady has agreed to treat me to a night away and a round on a Ryder cup course (something I have done the last two years) in order to take the edge of the pain of getting older!!
My question is: can anyone give me a recommendation as to what course in the Liverpool area, that has held a Ryder cup, you would choose having already played. I may be able to stretch to two rounds but all three would be out of the question.
Thanks in advance
Money no object Birkdale .
Bit cheaper S and A really great course but Birkdale has the history , the quality of the turf on the whole course is stunning.

D

Deleted member 1740

Birkdale is definitely 1st on the list. Lytham & st Anne's also held a Ryder cup. How does it compare to s & a ?

I've never played Birkdale or lytham but S&A isn't the same level as Birkdale from what I've been told but it's not far behind it.

If you're playing lytham don't stay in Liverpool because it's a good 50mile further up the coast.