Best/cheapest coloured ball recommendations please?

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Will call at AG tomorrow after my round. Play through the winter and obviously lose a fair few with leaves and plugged balls and am after some value coloured (green? Yellow?) balls to take me through to spring. The wilson DX2 look good value?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sick to a cheap bright white , unless it's been snowing :p.
Leaves will turn many different colours/shades over the winter, including yellow and orange. (y)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are going to AG, looking at their website your choices are limited. Looks like any colour in Wilson Staff DX2 optix if you want cheap

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Are colored balls actually any easier to find than white balls?
ive been using a pink ball the last two winters and they are def easier to find, but the key for me is i can follow the ball off the club, through the air and onto the green or fairway. Something i find hard to do up here in winter with either a very bright or grey dull sky with a white ball

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve got 9 DX2 blue balls left, I thought they would be light blue when I ordered them but there’re far too dark to see properly. I keep looking at them and wondering what they could be used for, suspect they’ll still be there when I die.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Just brought some Callaway Warbird in Yellow, they were cheap, no idea how they’ll play, but I’ve lost some plugged in the ground and into leaves, so I’m sure they’ll be fine for that!! I’m also less bothered about stopping power on greens, as soft as ours at the moment

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just brought some Callaway Warbird in Yellow, they were cheap, no idea how they’ll play, but I’ve lost some plugged in the ground and into leaves, so I’m sure they’ll be fine for that!! I’m also less bothered about stopping power on greens, as soft as ours at the moment
you would be better off painting some beach pebbles yellow.... :ROFLMAO: