Best cheap courses

• Thread starter Deleted member 31467
  • Start date

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
There are many ways to get deals on green fees, I have played at Perranporth the most expensive on that list advertised at £65, it was two years ago and if I remember correctly it only cost £25 using the County Card scheme.

Visit site
There are many ways to get deals on green fees, I have played at Perranporth the most expensive on that list advertised at £65, it was two years ago and if I remember correctly it only cost £25 using the County Card scheme.

Now £45 for a Cornwall County Card holder but no advertised prices for other county cards.

I’ve noticed county cards becoming more and more pointless recently, it’s another “hidden inflation” type thing.

Restrictions are becoming common such as Monday to Thursday only, max use of 1 per year, it has to be a county card from that specific county, etc, all whilst upping the county card rate significantly.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Now £45 for a Cornwall County Card holder but no advertised prices for other county cards.

I’ve noticed county cards becoming more and more pointless recently, it’s another “hidden inflation” type thing.

Restrictions are becoming common such as Monday to Thursday only, max use of 1 per year, it has to be a county card from that specific county, etc, all whilst upping the county card rate significantly.
Yeah, I know what you are saying. I am currently enquiring about price for an upcoming trip to the North East as non are advertised, the replies I am getting are very cheap but with the once per year restriction although that doesn't really matter if you are on holiday, oh and the Lancashire County Card is free.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I see no cheap courses on that list apart from Painswick. (EDIT: and Cleeve Hill)

Leicester Golf Centre (actually in Oadby) £18 for 18-holes.

Charnwood Forest Golf Club
Coffee + bacon roll + 18 holes + meal after = £40 a head for a minimum 9 people booking - even on a Sunday.

Last edited:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Oddly, I’ve played more on the Top 100 list(s) than I have on this one. And I’ve never been one to throw my cash around.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surprised Brancepeth Castle isn't on the list as a round there can be had for ~£35-£55 and is well worth! Cracking course.
Come in number 92, your time is up 😄. Would have been a crime if it had not been there. @moogie typed quicker

I'm playing in an open there at the end of the month for £19 😳. Absolute steal.