Best and worst towns in Britain

D

Deleted member 3432

Barrow in Furness. At the end es of the longest cul de sac in UK from Junction 36 M6.Arriving on A590 a nightmare journey.

Good- Kendal, Keswick, Ulverston, Kirby Lonsdale

Even worse driving south down the A595 to Barrow. Sums up the road when you take the single track fell road over Corney to get off the 'main' road

Reactions: Val
D

Deleted member 3432

I like most up your neck of the woods but Flimby is awfully grim. Wife’s nephew lives there. Feel happy when leaving!

Won't disagree there, have to go through there on my way to and from Silloth ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Just had a long weekend in Portsmouth/ Southsea.
@SaintHacker will disagree, but I was really impressed with the docks regeneration, the naval historic dockyard is a good 2 full days, the Mary Rose experience being incredible.

Went over to Gosport, to the Explosion & Submarine Museums

The D-Day museum at Southsea was also very good

A bit too windy for me to live there, but well worth a visit

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had a long weekend in Portsmouth/ Southsea.
@SaintHacker will disagree, but I was really impressed with the docks regeneration, the naval historic dockyard is a good 2 full days, the Mary Rose experience being incredible.

Went over to Gosport, to the Explosion & Submarine Museums

The D-Day museum at Southsea was also very good

A bit too windy for me to live there, but well worth a visit

we need to do the naval dockyard. Tried last time there but sold out for the day. we are in Southampton on Saturday night and Zara suggested going to Portsmouth first but i thought it would deserve a full day on its own?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
we need to do the naval dockyard. Tried last time there but sold out for the day. we are in Southampton on Saturday night and Zara suggested going to Portsmouth first but i thought it would deserve a full day on its own?
Good thing about the dockyard ticket is yuo can do as much as you want on one day and then the ticket is valid for 12 months for yu to do the things you missed - or it would unless you went at New Year 2020 and then had no chance to go back :mad:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You can deffo put Bury St edmunds in the top 10 towns, what a stunning beautiful town.
Had a run down to Lavenham today, picture postcard, very very nice indeed. As was long Melford.
Ely and St Ives tomorrow then Mansfield?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Kelso is quite nice spent a week there a few years ago. Hadca nice mix of old building, shops and nice pubs. Lovely countryside.

Ludlow is pretty nice to would happily live in either of these.

Biggar also in the Borders/South Lanarkshire is also lovely.
They have a huge bonfire in the high street on auld years night, amazed it never burns the town down.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
When were you last in Dundee?
In 2014, Dundee was in the running to be voted European City of Culture. In 2016, Dundee was voted as offering the best quality of life in the UK. Dundee's low pollution, moderate cost of living, high purchasing power and high safety index all contribute to its being an excellent place to live.
Got to agree with you there, Dundee has a fabulously progressive council who have really given the centre & waterfront area a right kick in the foojies, and the hinterland around Dundee is great

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ely and St Ives tomorrow then Mansfield?

Good luck with Mansfield.
As for St.Ives can you solve the puzzle.

As I was going to St.Ives
I met a man with 7 wives
Each wife had 7 sacks
Each sack had 7 cats
Each cat had 7 kits.
Kits, cats, sacks, wives
How many were going to St.Ives?

Won't accept 1 as an answer!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

I met a man with 7 wives
Each wife had 7 sacks
Each sack had 7 cats
Each cat had 7 kits.
Kits, cats, sacks, wives

Just you, there is no definition of where the man you met is going and the rest is irrelevant.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Even worse driving south down the A595 to Barrow. Sums up the road when you take the single track fell road over Corney to get off the 'main' road
Especially in winter :unsure::unsure:
Yep but not going the other way when Sellafield leave work!

These Soverers won’t understand Marra!
Nay...... most of the UK will never understand nor have had any reason to venture into this part of the world... amazing as it is. :eek::oops::LOL:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

I met a man with 7 wives
Each wife had 7 sacks
Each sack had 7 cats
Each cat had 7 kits.
Kits, cats, sacks, wives

I am just in the process of knocking out missis T and me mum outside Ely cathedral who are being tits with the answers

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
not sure its the worst place i've been too but we ended up at Dungeness on Friday - my god its weird.

i was massively disappointed that people weren't glowing and there were no locals with webbed feet or 2 heads but i remembered that they breed in Norwich.