Best and worst towns in Britain

sunshine

Visit site
not sure its the worst place i've been too but we ended up at Dungeness on Friday - my god its weird.

i was massively disappointed that people weren't glowing and there were no locals with webbed feet or 2 heads but i remembered that they breed in Norwich.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and it is one of the most surreal places i've visited. Very post-apocalyptic, would be a good setting for a psychological drama. It must be so bleak in winter.

sunshine

Visit site
On the main line to Penzance, it's the end of a branch line.

"Change at St Erth for St Ives" is what the announcement says once you've got past Bristol on the train.
You could go further, but you'd end up in the sea.

The reason why the assembly were going to St.Ives is simply because it rhymes with wives.

BTW, the answer to the riddle is 2802.

So you are counting kit-kats and sacks as people. Surely they are possessions?

Maybe your question should be: How many possessions did the bloke have on the way to St Ives?

But then I wouldn't count my wife as a possession. But maybe this bloke does, he has 7 after all. Were they wearing hijabs?

sunshine

Visit site
Good places:
Surrey, Hampshire, Hertfordshire is full of nice towns like Berkhamsted and St Albans. Rye is Sussex is lovely. Cornwall is lovely for a holiday but a bit too remote to live. Somewhere like Exeter is a good compromise.

Dumps:
We played golf in south Wales last year, and the although the courses were lovely, the towns of Porthcawl, Port Talbot, Llanelli, Swansea, Bridgend were desperate.
Hull / Grimsby / Scunthorpe is a triangle of misery.
I had a go to Runcorn once :oops:
A lot of Northern towns like Rotherham and Barnsley are total dumps.
For balance, down south Hastings / Dover / Folkestone / Margate are depressing
Luton and Harlow are like ghettos in places
This could be a very long list...:LOL:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was there a couple of weeks ago and it is one of the most surreal places i've visited. Very post-apocalyptic, would be a good setting for a psychological drama. It must be so bleak in winter.
Camber sands next door is a great beach and Winchelsea is great for a walk.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
A few more nice places.
Royal Leamington Spa, Fine regency architecture and parks constructed when people thought mineral springs were a cure-all.
Nearby Warwick with its castle and Tudor architecture.
Stratford-upon-Avon on a quiet day. Visit the Shakespeare properties, but remember there is no evidence that Shakespeare was the famous author.
Just about any town in and around the Cotswolds all the way down to Bath.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
When I had a whole lot more energy than I have now I walked the Cleveland Way from Helmsley to Filey, passing through Whitby which is one of my favourite places.