Benross Delta Driver

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi.

Has anyone used/got one? Any feedback welcomed.

Seems god value. High handicapper looking for accuracy and forgiveness

C

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Benross are a very under-rated brand. I haven't hit any of their range for a few years so can't comment on how the Delta range plays but they are well made clubs so you shouldn't have any issues

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great clubs, great value for money. Guy I played with last week had a full set and he hit them great. He was a 18 hc....

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
As guys above have said. You have to expect they'll be a season behind the big R&D spenders and have the chance to see what they are tweaking. Since the limits were put in place any gains are arguably marginal, especially when factoring in our amateur swings. You could even go back a model

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
I have a HTX Compressor Type R driver of theirs. Decent club, adjustable driver for £199 rrp which is obviously cheap. Didn't get on with the stiff flex shaft though so it's currently for sale if you want to try one for about £60

albie999

Visit site
I have had Ben Ross in my bag for approaching 2 years (when I took golf up). I have had the BenRoss HTX Irons, the Ben Ross HTX 3 Wood and the Ben Ross HTX Type R driver and they are great, much better clubs than my ability (as I can see when the pro at the Range has a go with them), so would def recommend them. I also had a bargain when I got mine, £150 for the full iron set (5-SW), £69 for the 3 wood and £75 for the driver

I got them all from here, as they have some good discounts from time to time .. https://www.moresports.com/golf-clu...ewest&brand=17&category=98&is_category_page=1

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies

I am considering this or the Callaway XR Speed driver.

Both available for less than £200 both feel nice.

As I said priority for me is accuracy and forgiveness so will probably go for the higher lofted option of each

C

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for the replies

As I said priority for me is accuracy and forgiveness so will probably go for the higher lofted option of each

C

Callaway XR16 or Speed is what I'm looking at getting. Not in any hurry though so looking for a good condition one on eBay for around £90-100

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a Callaway XR16.Nice club goes really well. I have Ben ross irons but didn't take to the driver as much. Also had a Cobra F9 driver fitting recently and it didn't go as far ms my XR16

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thanks for the replies

C
I'd be surprised if much in it, these days it is more about what suits your eye, feel and your swing characteristics.
The launch monitors help. It sounds like you have hit them both.

In case you haven't seen this one
http://www.golfalot.com/equipment-reviews/callaway-xr-speed-driver-review-4036.aspx