benny

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I believe you have gone too far and have blocked / ignored your posts, I urge other forum members to do this in an attempt to get this person off the forum. What part of him thinks it acceptable to post what he has on a public forum viewed by women, Kids etc is beyond me!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I believe you have gone too far and have blocked / ignored your posts, I urge other forum members to do this in an attempt to get this person off the forum. What part of him thinks it acceptable to post what he has on a public forum viewed by women, Kids etc is beyond me!

If only your morals stretched as far as not buying golf gear made in sweat shops in China we would all live in a happy sweatshopless environment. :rolleyes:

tbh kids learn more foul language at school than reading the interweb, so stopping them going to school because of a couple of naughty words would be stupid, its about teaching then the correct place to be able to use them i.e. banging your finger with a hammer, or caught the club captain in his office with your wife for example. ;)

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
No it means kids old enough to read this forum are already educated in swear words and other things, I agree what you said was well out of line, you know what some people are like on here they take hold of a golf club and think they are a cut above the rest.

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah man, I know what you mean. I was only meant to be having a laugh...guess I didn't really pick up how people where feeling about me. Feel like a right schmuck now - looks like no-one wants me round here. I can only apologise.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Benny. I had clicked on to ignore your posts, but I wondered if there was an apology in there somewhere.

You apologise here on this thread, and yet on another thread you have been your usual obnoxious self, admitadley an hour or two before your reply here.

I wish that I (and maybe we), could believe your apology, (unlike Parmos suggestion I am not a cut above the rest), but golf is not football (apologies if you are a fan and not a thug / lout), and certain standards are required in the game, and it's not unreasonable to carry those across to this forum.

If your apology is as straight as it seems, then please add your contribution to the forum, but only in a suitable way.

I (and others) might be prepared to give you a second chance. But I am so fed up with you being the topic of conversation round here I'm (probably not the only one) that will find elsewhere to go.

But why should I / we.

Only you can redeem yourself, it's up to you. (Would PM you but I feel that your existence on here is very public, so why shouldn't this).

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
PS

Just read Bennys post on the 'Idiots' thread.

Above is with drawn, you sir are an imbercile (sp!).

Good night.

Personally I think that you are in jail, being provided all of lifes luxuries at the tax payers cost, and are quite honestly taking the mick so that you can show off to your fellow in-mates.

You've had your chance.

Would / could we all ignore said idiot, as Homer has recommended elsewhere.

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't know if I'm going to be able to convince people I'm not a nasty person. I guess I'm just a bit thick. I can't always spell perfectly, I misjudge jokes and my sense of humour and the way it affects others....I'm sorry for upsetting people. I just need to learn to think.
I am sorry for ruining alot of peoples fun. I'm not a lout or a thug, I think I'm just a wee bit lonely and have too much time on my hands.
Sorry everybody. I know this means diddlysquat to most of you but i'm going to try and make it up to you all.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No it means kids old enough to read this forum are already educated in swear words and other things, I agree what you said was well out of line, you know what some people are like on here they take hold of a golf club and think they are a cut above the rest.

Parmo, if you think behaving decently and in an appropriate manor constitutes being a cut above the rest then mark me down for a cut above the rest.

Rudeness, profanity and loutish behaviour is not what I (nor many) expect nor tolerate on a golf course so why should we put up with it here ?

Every time someone suggests upholding these standards you bang on about people being 'snobs' or some other banal moniker. (yes, it has been noted)

Get over what appears to some juvenile inverse class hang up and move on.Each time you peddle this excuse it sounds thinner and you sound more stupid.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Parmo, if you think behaving decently and in an appropriate manor constitutes being a cut above the rest then mark me down for a cut above the rest.

I never said I was refering to you or anyone else on this forum, I enjoy a bit of banter but you seemed to have missed the class on that one.

Rudeness, profanity and loutish behaviour is not what I (nor many) expect nor tolerate on a golf course so why should we put up with it here ?

ermm its an internet forum not a golf course, if you want have your select (which I find childish) friends only I sugguest you make the forum a members only forum?

Every time someone suggests upholding these standards you bang on about people being 'snobs' or some other banal moniker. (yes, it has been noted)

Its called freedom of speech, and yes I hate the snobbish eliment of golf, I find it out dated and has or never did have a place within any sport, and using it to out cast someone you dissagree with bullying.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Its called freedom of speech, and yes I hate the snobbish eliment of golf, I find it out dated and has or never did have a place within any sport, and using it to out cast someone you dissagree with bullying.

Oh puh- leasee :(

Freedom of speech ? You think you're defending freedom of speech? is that the excuse this time? Go stand on a soapbox and tell it to someone who's interested. This is a golf forum not a 'parmo and his simple friends talk wibble at length' forum and you would do well to remember that.

'The snobbish element of golf' - meaning? would that be people who would rather members stuck to the constitution for the greater good of all ?

Remind me again, how exactly is that snobbish? How is behaving decently and minding your manners at a club, how did you put it, '....out dated and has or never did have a place within any sport, and using it to out cast someone you dissagree with bullying'.

I can't quite fathom what this jumble of consonants and vowels actually means but I guess it's something to do with not agreeing.

Well, Mr. Parmo, I would like to see you exercise your rights and freedoms in a place , such as golf club (or indeed a forum or anywhere for that matter) where you feel at liberty to do so with no recourse to rules and regulations of one kind or another.

Of course you are welcome to come on here and peddle your usual brand of inane twaddle but you just make a buffoon of yourself. Every forum needs a clown or two (and there's certainly no shortage of takers at the moment.)

Frankly, I play golf in order to spend some of my limited recreation time in a pursuit that is largely free of your sort of garbled, backhanded logic, football terrace 'honour',half baked sentiments and anti-social behaviour. If that makes me a bully and a snob then i'm a bully and a snob - i'll live with it.

Many people here give up a not- insubstancial proportion of their earnings to spend some time in the company of friends playing golf and don't wish to be troubled by oafs, louts, morons, inconsiderates or the baggage that comes with them. I daresay most of them would not consider themselves snobs either.

By all means be a renegade, act the goat, stand for your rights (whatever you percieve them to be) and vote for the Monster Raving Looney Party but do all of us that like a bit of golf and a quiet life a favour- go and do it somewhere else eh?

I have to say I feel this forum is reaching a real nexus and it could go one of two ways. It either matures into civilised country pub of a place or it degenerates into a brawling,rat infested flea pit.

Unless a strong backbone of moderation is put in place and some order is restored I can't see myself taking much interest in the future.

If the likes of Parmo can't see the comparison between the way we conduct ourselves on here and the way we conduct ourselves out on the golf course(or indeed through life) there isn't a great deal of hope either for the forum or the country.

yours

a unremitting snob and bully

blindpete

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Parmo and billyg please take your petty little fued into PM. This Forum is rapidly heading downhill which is a real shame. GM have done a top job supporting the Forum and its members and if this childish behaviour continues I wouldn't be surprised if they binned the whole thing.