Belfast/Bangor golf.

User20204

Visit site
I may be having a trip to the Belfast/Bangor area of NI, are there any courses worth playing/recommended and if so which ones ??

Wolf

Visit site
Been a while Since i been to Belfast never had chance to play there but Shandon Park and Dunmurry should be fairly close by and heard good things about them from a few people I know that have played them

Last edited:

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If in Belfast I think Malone would be your best bet, it’s a stunning course. Lisburn, dunmurry, knock, belvoir and Shandon are all very impressive too, with Belvoir probably being the best of them. Bangor has a couple but they wouldn’t just be quite as good, there’s Bangor golf club and Carnalea. Although there are a couple of really nice courses in Blackwood and Clandeboye about 10/15 mins outside Bangor. I am a member at a great links course called Kirkistown about 25mins from Bangor that I would be only too happy to show you round and play with you.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
When are you travelling?

I play at Clandeboye and if it suited would be happy to show you around.

Used to be a member at Carnalea and Blackwood but would say Clandeboye is a step above them (maybe a biased opinion).

Really good summary above and it really depends if you have transport and what your budget is.

User20204

Visit site
Played Bangor, Knock and Carnalea, all three courses in excellent condition. Personal preference would be Knock purely due to it being a stiffer test than the others. Carnalea was the shortest and most quirky, some very nice holes but far to many blind tee shots for my liking, possibly 8 or 9. Bangor was the nicest clubhouse and a lovely course but jesus all three were designed by a mountain goat.