Behaviour on golf course

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So I had a pretty enjoyable round, but the group ahead (who i caught up with after 11 holes) just really did not seem to be treating the course even close to appropriately.

Couple of examples, running the golf buggy art across the greens, up steep hills (they actually rolled it on the 17th) etc, and less annoying but still not quite right I would say, they didn't let me play through despite being on my own, and generally getting to the next tee before the 4 of them had all tee'd off.

What do you do when you see bad behaviour on the course?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I won’t write what I do if I’m not let through, but generally the last course of action is to phone the shop up. Which should morally be the second to last.

Though if I saw someone driving a buggy on the green it would be a straight call to the shop.

My course has no problem ejecting people off.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I won’t write what I do if I’m not let through, but generally the last course of action is to phone the shop up. Which should morally be the second to last.

Though if I saw someone driving a buggy on the green it would be a straight call to the shop.

My course has no problem ejecting people off.

Exactly this. Sometimes you can have a word about certain actions but driving a buggy that recklessly would be a straight call to the club for me and insist the marshal/pro/captain depending on who was around with a degree of authority came over and removed them

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Usually I'd have a polite word but in this case it sounds like a phone call to the Pro shop would've been in order (about driving dangerously and driving across greens)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ach it's endemic. Yesterday in a two-ball match we got caught behind a friendly two-ball who were being held up by a three ball; who were behind a four ball of four blokes. The course was empty in front of the four ball. The two-ball in front of us were not too bothered and were not pushing the three ball.

But why might the four ball have not let the three ball through - the three ball was right up behind the four ball hole after hole according to the two ahead of us? Could it be that the three ball were three junior girls - all 12 or 13yr olds? I just wonder. Though I wonder if the 4ball realised all three were Cat 1 players - one from my track; one from West Hills and one from Wentworth. Pity.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
As others have said, I keep it internal being British and all that.

The only time I didn't was when I was in Spain. Group behind was hitting tee shots whilst we were in range for about 6 holes.
When they caught up with us, I had a massive row with the main culprit. Given I'd lived in Madrid for 2 years, I was able to give him both barrells in Spanish.
I'm embarrassed to say it almost resulted in fisticuffs.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a committee member is it my 'duty' to have words with players driving buggies where buggies should not go (and other rules etc ). I do try do so politely but sternly.

What annoys me is when you have the same words with the same players repeatedly.