Beginner second hand clubs

Sinkrate

Visit site
Hi,

Just got got back into these game after a few years off. Looking around for some forgiving irons and after some suggestions :)

I don't mind second hand clubs or new but would limit the price to around 200.

Ive looked at a few sets of TM R9, rocketbladez along with buying new callaway x2, cobra amp cell, speedblade etc

any other clubs that you would suggest? I understand I'll need to go and try them if possible and see what suits me the best.

if you have anything suitable lying around then please PM me :)

Thanks for any advice

Scotty Cameron

Head Pro
Visit site
You just missed out on the Mizuno forged 825's from direct Golf, none left now though. You could try the Benross irons, they are not as famous as the leaders but then they don't pay top golfers top money to play their kit. You are sure to find some at your local AmericanGolf and if you like them then get a price match.... can be had for around 250 quid a set.

Or, you could take a punt on Fleabay but sometimes you never know what is going to turn up.

Sinkrate

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I admit eBay will be a bit of a chance and for some of the prices it may even be worth just putting the extra cash in and buying the set new!

Pickapocket

Hacker
Visit site
Callaway Big Bertha's as good a choice as any. 2nd also on the Pings, you'll get a set of either on e bay for not much more than 100 quid..

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Will just chuck in Cleveland CG16s as an alternative. Forgiving, good looking, well made, long (strong lofts) and mega cheap on the second hand market.

Consider gumtree.

Sinkrate

Visit site
Thanks all, I'm going to drive over to the shop this afternoon and have a look around. I'll see what's on gumtree and ebay for the clubs mentioned also.