Been experimenting with putters

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have used the Odyssey White Hot Pro with a jumbo grip. I have found that it doesn’t always swing through straight and it looks like it twists a bit now and then. I have a Rosasco 1970 hickory putter I bought a year ago off eBay. Has a great feel to it but haven’t had the nerve to use it on the course. It never appears to twist on follow through like the Odyssey does.

Perhaps the grip rather than the putter?

Diamond

Visit site
I have used the Odyssey White Hot Pro with a jumbo grip. I have found that it doesn’t always swing through straight and it looks like it twists a bit now and then. I have a Rosasco 1970 hickory putter I bought a year ago off eBay. Has a great feel to it but haven’t had the nerve to use it on the course. It never appears to twist on follow through like the Odyssey does.

Just an update on this post. I have played 2 rounds with the Rosasco putter and it has been a revelation. The feel and sound off the putter face is much better than the Odyssey putter and the wooden handle, although slim, is much better than the super stroke. The one thing I have noticed is that there is more speed off the putter face compared to the Odyssey and my length has been far better.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can't for the life of me lag putt with the Odyssey insert, its like hitting it with a wet sponge to me.

I very much prefer a firmer feel, just need to find a No7 slant neck head shape that rolls it like a Yes putter then I would be very happy.
I can't for the life of me lag putt with the Odyssey insert, its like hitting it with a wet sponge to me.

I very much prefer a firmer feel, just need to find a No7 slant neck head shape that rolls it like a Yes putter then I would be very happy.

check your pm’s ;)

Reactions: Val

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Putters are an odd thing, buy a new one then watch as you putt like god with your old one. I now have a Scotty I havent hit a ball on the course with lying in my car waiting on my next bad putting day.