been away from golf for a while

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
the x-forged are nice, theyre what I bought last year, have them with 6.5 project X flighted shafts (xtra stiff) and been very pleased with them, theyre a nice compromise between a traditional blade and a more playable cavity back, the shaft definitely makes for a lower ball flight (but get them fitted!)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I was wondering your age to find out if you had stopped growing. Now would be a good time to get custom fitted by a PGA Pro.

they monitored me with there expensive flight monitor kit (very impressed with the kit.). My stats showed that after 35 balls with it I hit an average carry of 282yards with a swing speed average of 124mph.
Is my swing speed not normal because I have no idea and he certainly didnt fill me with confidence

I'd say it's not normal.
It's faster than the fastest on the PGA tour... Bubba.

http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/?02401

golfstick

Head Pro
Visit site
I was wondering your age to find out if you had stopped growing. Now would be a good time to get custom fitted by a PGA Pro.

they monitored me with there expensive flight monitor kit (very impressed with the kit.). My stats showed that after 35 balls with it I hit an average carry of 282yards with a swing speed average of 124mph.
Is my swing speed not normal because I have no idea and he certainly didnt fill me with confidence

I'd say it's not normal.
It's faster than the fastest on the PGA tour... Bubba.

http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/?02401

Bonmac - thanks for your reply,
Thats strange i certainly wouldnt have thought that? however i wish i could hit the ball like him! I only hit about 35 balls for my swing speed average result to come through so I wonder if over a larger sum of balls it would come down. My SS was only taken with a driver also if that could explain things?

Been to my local pro today. He said he would look and the length and lie of the shafts but dismissed looking at my SS saying stiff shafts would do.

Tried the mizuno 58's and they are winners, very impressed with them.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
golfstick, you have to take AG's 'very expensive flight monitor' with a pinch of salt. Round my way they have the Vector monitor, which is not the best around and, according to one guy who works there, frequently needs recalibrating, is only as good as the person using it ans not too many have the training.

have a look around, there should be a club maker in the area.

golfstick

Head Pro
Visit site
right, i know my post seems to be dragging on quite a bit now, was at the range tonight trying out the titleist AP2 irons! Awsome. HOwever so were the Mizuno MP58's. Also absolutly smashed the R9 again!

Booked myself in for a fitting with my pro next week to get sorted.

After much deliberation I have gone for the following setup.

Driver TM R9 Supertri 8.5*
R9 3 wood 15*

Irons - Mizuno MP58's
Bag - miszuno twister 4
RAC 56* wedge
Mizuno Black ox 60* wedge

Going to have to sell my centre shaft odessey two baller as it just doesnt do it for me anymore.

All shaft seetings and what not are going to be covered by the fiiting session next week.

What do you guys think, especially the irons, do you think ive made a mistake and shoudl go with titleist?

cheers for all the advice

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You've got to go with what feels best for you.

If you can, find the best shaft for both (which won't necessarily be the same in each club) then decide between them.

There are people on here with both, and love them.

You won't go wrong whatever you choose from those 2.
Just don't do anything for the wrong reasons, because you'll think "what if" 2 months down the line.

golfstick

Head Pro
Visit site
Its a tough one when it comes down to the irons because i striped them both, they are both well made, feel great, look great and are around the same price. definatly a hard choice! I was between these 2 sets