Beckenham golf course to close

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Move on - go play golf somewhere else. There's plenty about there!

Like where?

Check BiM's post above!

And while 1 person moving elsewhere is maybe not significant, the permanent loss of what could/should be a profit-making concern for the LA and an asset to the community appears to have been deliberately run down for what seems to be rather more sinister reasons!

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Like where?

Check BiM's post above!

And while 1 person moving elsewhere is maybe not significant, the permanent loss of what could/should be a profit-making concern for the LA and an asset to the community appears to have been deliberately run down for what seems to be rather more sinister reasons!

Is the Local Council in that area Labour or Conservative? If Labour then golf is probably considered to be an elite sport for the toffs. If Conservative, the Councillors might be taking backhanders from the property developers, although I wouldn't put that past the Labour ones either! It could be alleged that that is what happened in the case of the Blue Mountain course in Bracknell! :angry:

Last edited:

jpjeffery

Assistant Pro
learnergolfer.wordpress.com
Is the Local Council in that area Labour or Conservative? If Labour then golf is probably considered to be an elite sport for the toffs. If Conservative, the Councillors might be taking backhanders from the property developers, although I wouldn't put that past the Labour ones either! It could be alleged that that is what happened in the case of the Blue Mountain course in Bracknell! :angry:

Labour. Your theory about them viewing golf as elitist is one that has occurred to us! As has (at least to me) the thought that now the golf course cash cow has (allegedly) died, it's time for them to find another, which in this case is the HLF cash cow.