Baseball grip to interlock grip

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My normal grip is a baseball grip. I all too often get into the frame of mind of trying to hit the ball hard, even though I know I shouldn’t. So it screws up my whole rythym and timing. I’m wanting to change to an interlocking grip (that the right term?) with the thinking that it’ll help me slow down a little and get the strike under control.

Anyone done similar? Did it work?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I changed from BB to interlock, but interlocking was transitional, as I found it hurt my fingers. I now overlap. A new grip is uncomfortable at first, but soon becomes familiar. Provided your fingers are ok!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I went from baseball to overlap. My handicap went from 5 to 5. Tried interlock a few times but it was too painful.

Nickrat

Club Champion
Visit site
I played baseball grip as a junior for years. Took a golf sabbatical for about 15 years when I was 17, when i came back had a lesson and he switched me to interlocking. Never looked back tbh and when I try swinging with baseball grip now it feels so wooden.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interlock personally feels like I’m going to rip my right pinkie out the socket at impact.

User error of course but to painful to consider personally.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interlock personally feels like I’m going to rip my right pinkie out the socket at impact.

User error of course but to painful to consider personally.
Yeah same here. Maybe because I have skinny bony fingers, but whenever I tried interlocking, it feels like there's a decent chance I'll dislocate my little finger. So uncomfortable.

Nickrat

Club Champion
Visit site
It did feel weird interlocking at first and even a little painful. I think interlocking is better if you have smaller hands, overlapping might be better with larger hands.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tried a full round with interlock today. Tbh it was a very easy transition. I still played crap though. But was able to slow down the swing a little bit

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
It did feel weird interlocking at first and even a little painful. I think interlocking is better if you have smaller hands, overlapping might be better with larger hands.

Jack Nicklaus pretty much said the same, he had small hands so opted for interlock and highly recommend it to others with similar hands.

I have larger hands and never had any issues except for when I switched to midsize grips with extra tape, it was not at all comfortable initially and caused some discomfort but I got used to it and now glad i stuck with it.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Jack Nicklaus pretty much said the same, he had small hands so opted for interlock and highly recommend it to others with similar hands.

I have larger hands and never had any issues except for when I switched to midsize grips with extra tape, it was not at all comfortable initially and caused some discomfort but I got used to it and now glad i stuck with it.

Why you glad you stuck with it? How did it change things?

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Why you glad you stuck with it? How did it change things?

Because it was just the initial feel that was uncomfortable due to the larger grips, over time it became natural my grip didn't need to change to allow for larger grips.

Always played much better with interlock, overlap just never worked for me the same it always made me grip too tightly and my forearms and biceps become tense and it just caused bigger issues for me. Interlock never created problems for me that would be fixed with overlap.

Not saying one is better than the other generally, but interlock is by far best for me.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m changing for the same reason really. Gripping too tightly with baseball grip. It’s not going to be a panacea but hopefully it’ll help.

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
A few years back my game was in pieces.

Literally had to start again.

One of the things I changed was a baseball grip to an interlocking grip.

Could never go back to a baseball grip now.