Ten Finger Grip

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone use this and pros and cons (Bob Mc??). I interlock but have a (arthritic!) right pinky with a dodgy knuckle which gets pretty sore. Lately I've noticed the pressure on my right ring finger (outer top knuckle) and left forefinger knuckle is also sore from time to time. I've been struggling to square the face - especially with driver, and can sense a lack of control/grip so it's a real fight to square it up and I invariably don't. So a long range session today and played around with a baseball grip and compared the feeling. For sure my control was way up and I was able to relax my right hand grip a tad but still easily square up the face. When I went back to interlock I was both a bit sore and also aware of a poor connection with the club (and ball)! It feel like the 3 affected fingers are weak and allowing a loosening of the club especially through impact.

I didn't hit a bad drive with baseball grip and in fact some corkers. I've been adding loft too but flight was down and distance up. Found a comfortable way to put my left hand on as normal and then slide my right hand up so they were pretty tight together but not interlock. Hit some iron shots too and it felt really secure.

Scratch match tomorrow and tempted just to go for it as it started to feel natural and I made sure I had a set routine on how to secure my grip each time.

Thoughts??

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Go for it Amanda!

I think in this day and age if I was considering changing long term (and i would be with how you describe it) Id want a session on trackman or similar just to see what if any differences it shows and understand the impact they would have on your game going forward, good luck

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Play baseball grip myself. Have tried overlap but get nothing out if it so go with the thing that feels better.

Simply lose all feel too if not chipping with a baseball grip.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If memory serves, Greg Norman uses a similar grip so you're in good company.
As long as that face is square at impact hold it how you want.
I won't tell the ball.
Unfortunately it means you'll have all the men telling you how to hold it 'properly'

:)
Good luck today

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If memory serves, Greg Norman uses a similar grip so you're in good company.
As long as that face is square at impact hold it how you want.
I won't tell the ball.
Unfortunately it means you'll have all the men telling you how to hold it 'properly'

:)
Good luck today

Thanks Bob. I'll have a warm up with it in the nets and then give it a whirl!!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Go for it Amanda!

I think in this day and age if I was considering changing long term (and i would be with how you describe it) Id want a session on trackman or similar just to see what if any differences it shows and understand the impact they would have on your game going forward, good luck

Got a lesson next week so we'll have a look how it impacts on the numbers. Today on the course will tell me a lot too - fingers crossed (or not)!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I won 3&2 but not with a 10 finger grip! Went to the range beforehand and it was shocking - either grip. Felt I'd found a possible cause and on old flaw where I grip and then kind of shift the club from palm to fingers and close the face. Set up with it square but manipulate it to get that position - without realising. Also think my left thumb had got a bit too much on top rather than to the right side.

Anyhow. Few 7 irons in the nets and let's just say the hosel was getting a workout - great confidence boost. Did the simple thing of standing further away and found the middle. Driver was costing me so much early on - very heely strikes and robbing my confidence. So in the bag it stayed and played with my 4 wood from the 9th onwards which turned the match around.

As ever - much work to be done...short game and putting in particular on fire though!

JGolfer

Visit site
I use baseball grip for putting. Constantly tried different grips with putter and just feel this gives me the best feel and control. Interlocking everything else though. Do what is best for you.

D

Deleted member 21258

I play baseball grip, used to play with interlocking but used to hurt the little finger, changed about 3-4 years ago and wouldn't go back.