ball striking

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
i've came to the conclusion that my ball striking is crap,i've always knew it wasn't that great but of late its worse than i thought.

is there anything i can work on to improve it or is it a case of you've either got it or you haven't?

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I know it's not my thread Bob, but is the easiest solution if your weight is too far behind the ball to move the ball back in your stance, rather than trying to rebalance my swing? My normal mis-hit is a thin.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I know it's not my thread Bob, but is the easiest solution if your weight is too far behind the ball to move the ball back in your stance, rather than trying to rebalance my swing? My normal mis-hit is a thin.

Depends on where the ball is/what club you're hitting.
But as a rule of thumb, never introduce a fault to cure another fault.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
i've came to the conclusion that my ball striking is crap,i've always knew it wasn't that great but of late its worse than i thought.

is there anything i can work on to improve it or is it a case of you've either got it or you haven't?

Your striking can't be all that bad playing off 6.

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
i would say the majority of my iron shots are played with a clean strike,borderline thin.the reason i get away with this most of the time is because they go straight.

i'm not entirely sure where my weight is at impact,i never ever top my irons if that helps with determining where my weight is at impact.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not much of a divot taker more a sweeper and my bad shot with an iron is usually a thin or top? I'm working on moving weight forward and keeping head behind but doesn't always work!