Ball hitting ball

Steven Rules

Visit site
the R&A (the governing body of golf),
I assume 99% of people viewing this site are aware of what the R&A is.

The Rule states that "If a player's ball in motion after a stroke strikes another ball at rest, the stroke is canceled. The player must play his ball as it lies and may not play the other ball". Therefore, regardless of where the incident takes place (fairway, green, etc.), both balls must be played as they lie.
This makes no sense at all. Even allowing for (or forgiving) the fact that an incorrect Rule number has been quoted, there are at least three internal inconsistencies in this passage.

Like others, I am intrigued as to why waynehill has posted this two months after the correct information was given in response to the OP.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I assume 99% of people viewing this site are aware of what the R&A is.

This makes no sense at all. Even allowing for (or forgiving) the fact that an incorrect Rule number has been quoted, there are at least three internal inconsistencies in this passage.

Like others, I am intrigued as to why waynehill has posted this two months after the correct information was given in response to the OP.

Waynehill's original post is no longer there, he must have deleted it before leaving the Forum. He's no longer listed as a member. Died of shame?