Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Driver
3 wood
4 hybrid (22 deg)
5-PW
putter

Only 13 clubs and arguably a gap at the top of the bag for maybe a 180 to 185 shot.

I use my Driver off most tees, but with my old Driver I struggled and would go to the 3 wood a lot. I now find I hardly every use the 3 wood (only ever use it off the tee) even on tighter driving holes.
I use my hybrid on almost all longer holes for a second shot and I feel this is a versatile club to hit an easy one 185 or full out 200 or keep a low shot under the wind etc.
I use my 60 for all greenside bunkers.
I use my 54 for almost all shots off the turf from 75 yards and in.

Logic with the 13 clubs is I am hardly ever going to hit the green from 175 to 210 yards... so giving myself another club and another decision to make is simply going to put an element of doubt in.

LegendOle

Medal Winner
Visit site
Driver 9° lofted up to 10°
3 Wood 14.5°
3 Hybrid 19°
4i - PW
52° and 56° Wedges
Putter

Wedges could / should probably be better gapped but have always had that combo and got on well with them.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
As per my signature. I stuggled with hybrids so replaced them and the 3 wood with a 4-wood and a 7-wood with a 5-wood shaft. Gapping between the 7-wood and all the irons is 10-15 yards each, and the wedges I never hit full out. The 60* is for fiddly little shots around the green, and short-sided bunker shots

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I know its sad but its why i love adjustable clubs, I did a gapping session recently and even went to the Dechambeaesque by determining my averages for each degree of adjustment available to me in my fairway woods, driving irons and hybrids.

My selection changes as I have some spare clubs knocking about depending on course etc but for my home course the following is my usual go to.

Driver (8 Degree)
3 Wood (13 Degree) It's a small driver but also perfect bat to drive a shorter par 4.
Driving Iron (17 Degree)
4-9 Irons
46 Wedge
50 Wedge
55 Wedge (56 bent 1d strong)
60 Wedge
Putter

Changed since signature..