back to reality

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
after my best ever round at the weekend ( shot 80) went for my lesson tonight, pro told me to show him the swing i was using on saturday.After my first shot,which went dead straight i turned round to expect a " great shot well done" instead i got " what was that ?? he showed me what i had done and to my suprise i had only been taking my club back about 3/4s if that, in my mind the club was all the way to the top, so he had me turning my shoulders so my back was facing the target,god it felt horrible, so after slapping balls all over the range, i feel like im back to sqaure 1. Ive got a video lesson next week so he can show me the difference, :D

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
any drills i can practice for this problem, he said my practice swing was fine, club was in great position at the top shoulders were turned fully spot on , but as soon as he put a ball down my swing went short, no shoulder turn,and big slice/sh**k, anyone got any tips :D???????

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A 3/4 backswing isn't the worst thing for a golf swing in my opinion if it gives you a lot more control and you hit more good shots with it.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's a few s/f guys at our place who have short back swings. If it works for you why not. It's the numbers on the card that count not what your swing looks like.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have been trying to achieve a consistant 3/4 backswing for ages now. It, for me, is the most controlled swing so long as there is still a proper shoulder turn going on.

80 off 17 h/cap and he wants to change it - not if it were me mate!

Chris

sweatysock41

Q-School Graduate
www.oakridgegolfclub.co.uk
I was up on the next level from you and from what my jug ears could pick up ( we all listen in when someone is having a lesson)it was your shoulder turn he was trying to increase not the length of your swing.
You can have a full shoulder turn with a 3/4 swing. Keep at it it will come.

Mal

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
should have come and said hi mal, think thats where im getting stuck, just trying to get used to a shoulder turn, backs been killing me since monday, hopefully the video lesson will help :D