Back after sabbatical

Visit site
Hi Ladies and Gents, back on the various golf forums, under my new name as I forgot my log on after a 14 month period. Used to go by the title of Matelotgolfer when I lived in Cornwall up until 2015.l, often championing Mullion Gc as a course to visit if on a Cornish golf tour. Changed to ‘Trini swinger’ when I spent time in Trinidad, until as you have now probably guessed, moved to Australia about a year ago now.
Been following this forum for last month or two. Remember having plenty of Chats with the likes of ‘drive4show’ and many others, and the fun had when a guy going by the name ‘Maverick’ was found out to be a ‘ Walter Mitty’ of golf.
Have to say, although Australia in general is fairly expensive in cost of living terms, it’s the complete opposite when it comes to golf. The golf in Australia is definitely all it’s cracked up to be. Golf is so accessible, and I consider courses are at least 60% cheaper than UK equivalent standard. joined my club and membership is less than £250 at Uk prices ( I’d happily pay £600 for same course if back in the UK).
As an example, played in New South Wales Open Qualifer on a course called Camden lon the outskirts of Sydney. ( great course, great condition for less than £15 Uk including entry fee.
If you get the chance to play golf in Aus, I’d can wholeheartedly recommend it as it’s great value and very inclusive to all standards and abilities.
Looking forward to some good banter and information being passed on here, it’s good to be back...

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Welcome back to the forum and is that Camden Lakeside or Camden Studley Park?

I have played Lakeside with a friend who is a member there and it is indeed a fine golf course.

I take it you are based in that area then? My son is living out there 6 years now and I'm out again in October (for his wedding) and will be looking for a game or two, he lives in the Narellan area.

Where is it you are a member?

Visit site
Hi mate, it was Studley Park, although one of my playing partners was from Camden Lakes and said it was better than that venue. Had a quick look before driving home, and agreed to play it when they have an open comp in the future. My course is Shoalhaven heads about 2 hours south of Sydney. Links/ parkland type course that I’m still learning how to play well..

D

Deleted Member 1156

Welcome back and glad you are having fun down under! Haha I remember Maverick, wasn't he always claiming 350 yard drives in the middle of winter on wet fairways.....into the wind :D