away medals

wulliewallace

Visit site
I am a member of a golf club in Aberdeen and next weekend am travelling to Fife to visit family. i've been told that i can play in another club's medal competition as an away player. Is this correct and what must i do? Ie. do i hand my completed card to my home club or to the club i'm playing at? Any advice would be great!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your home club should pick up the away score on their handicap software although it can take a few days to reach the central database.

If you score well enough to expect a cut then you could let your handicap secretary know so they can check the CSS for you.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I didnt know you could play another clubs internal medal comp, how does that work then?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didnt know you could play another clubs internal medal comp, how does that work then?

It would be up to the club if they wanted to allow visitors to play. They could either decide to allow him to play with no comp fee and no eligibilty for prizes or allow him to enter on the same basis as the home players. Either way he would be playing in a qualifier and his score would have to go back to his home club.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It would be up to the club if they wanted to allow visitors to play. They could either decide to allow him to play with no comp fee and no eligibilty for prizes or allow him to enter on the same basis as the home players. Either way he would be playing in a qualifier and his score would have to go back to his home club.

I agree it sounds theoretically possible - but I have never seen it in practice.

Any competition has to have some form of eligibility which would generally be defined in the clubs competition rules, and be either a club event or open.

You also have the small matter of CSS - again following normal practice he would have his own CSS as the only non-club entrant. This would mean he couldn't go up!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
You also have the small matter of CSS - again following normal practice he would have his own CSS as the only non-club entrant. This would mean he couldn't go up!

My understanding is that there would have to be 20 or more "visitors" for a separate CSS calculation.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I agree it sounds theoretically possible - but I have never seen it in practice.

Any competition has to have some form of eligibility which would generally be defined in the clubs competition rules, and be either a club event or open.

My old Scottish club (Craigielaw) has allowed 'visitors' to enter its comps for years - probably since it opened to public in 2001. No real difference to 'Opens'.

It's only where20 or more away competitors take part that an 'away' CSS is calculated (typically in Opens). Otherwise, the home CSS is used. Should the CSS not be known and a cut is possible, then the SSS should be used until the CSS is published.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
your club should have an away book for you to fill in the standard scratch and the competition standard scratch of the course you play and your gross score , at any away medal competitions not all clubs are up to spec with computers. best of luck

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
your club should have an away book for you to fill in the standard scratch and the competition standard scratch of the course you play and your gross score , at any away medal competitions not all clubs are up to spec with computers. best of luck

you would be required to return your gross scores on every hole now - computer of no computer surely?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
you should give your gross score and tell your handidap sec. any holes you have had more than 2 over par at , as far as i know any more than 2 over par does not count , if you have a 10 at any hole for handicap purposes it will ony count as 2 over the par of the hole if you were getting a stroke at that hole that is deducted. if you google congu handicaps all the info is there. best of luck

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
you should give your gross score and tell your handidap sec. any holes you have had more than 2 over par at , as far as i know any more than 2 over par does not count , if you have a 10 at any hole for handicap purposes it will ony count as 2 over the par of the hole if you were getting a stroke at that hole that is deducted. if you google congu handicaps all the info is there. best of luck

The simplest way to explain the stableford/nett double bogey adjustment is that any high score is reduced to one higher than the score which would have scored 1 stableford point.