Attacks in London

D

Deleted member 1418

Looks like most of the interviews were taking place outside my office. Fortunately was working from home today otherwise would've been caught up in it all. Will be extra vigilant tomorrow when I travel in to work.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Horrendous! Sickening...

Personally, we had 2 hours of hell trying to get hold of number 1 daughter, who was in Westminster today.

Never thought I'd ever be ringing an emergency number... hands were shaking.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know we shouldn't change our way of life because of the actions of terrorists otherwise they win, with their acts of terror, but when a simple car and a knife can be used in such a devastating way to cause such a heinous murdering act, I'm struggling to see what we can do to prevent these attacks in the future?
Arm all Police.

D

Deleted member 16999

Horrendous! Sickening...

Personally, we had 2 hours of hell trying to get hold of number 1 daughter, who was in Westminster today.

Good to hear she's ok mate.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Arm all Police.

Daughter starts her arms training in July. it cannot come soon enough.
Totally agree with you thoughts socket, but as part of the selection process and elimination. Some of the bobbies on the course. When the reality kicked in, they just could not shoot people/ guns.

Tashyboy

Visit site
One isolated incident and this line gets trotted out.

No way can an organisation as corrupt as the police force have all officers carrying guns.

Trouble is Paul, it's not one isolated incident. It is another of many.

D

Deleted member 1740

Trouble is Paul, it's not one isolated incident. It is another of many.

I'm Stuart Tashy, much better looking than Paul, but I still disagree. These incidents are very few and far between, when was the last time a copper was killed whilst on duty?

Tashyboy

Visit site
I'm Stuart Tashy, much better looking than Paul, but I still disagree. These incidents are very few and far between, when was the last time a copper was killed whilst on duty?

Oops heyup Stuart, me specs must of slipped. Yup will agree with you re the Bobby, but they are here to protect us and uphold the law. Unfortunately if guns help to reach that goal, then so be it. It was only by the grace of God, this murderer was armed with a knife and car and not a gun.
During my swarree in Monaco last week, we had a nice breakfast on Nice promenade. One of party who is an ex teacher got up and was talking to the owner ( who was English) he was with him for ten mins. When he got back we asked him what he was boring the owner about. he told us he asked the owner where the Nice murders were carried out last year with the Lorry. He said it started there and pointed 100 yd up the rd and pointed there where it finished. He then pointed to differant spots where people died. The next few minutes were a bit somber.
10 mins later whilst walking to the flower market, we passed four of the biggest soldiers that were seriously tooled up. Quite frankly they looked like they would take no ****. I for one was more than happy that they were there for my protection.
I am not saying that we should have soldiers on the streets but if guns are part of the answer, then unfortunately so be it.

D

Deleted member 1740

Oops heyup Stuart, me specs must of slipped. Yup will agree with you re the Bobby, but they are here to protect us and uphold the law. Unfortunately if guns help to reach that goal, then so be it. It was only by the grace of God, this murderer was armed with a knife and car and not a gun.
During my swarree in Monaco last week, we had a nice breakfast on Nice promenade. One of party who is an ex teacher got up and was talking to the owner ( who was English) he was with him for ten mins. When he got back we asked him what he was boring the owner about. he told us he asked the owner where the Nice murders were carried out last year with the Lorry. He said it started there and pointed 100 yd up the rd and pointed there where it finished. He then pointed to differant spots where people died. The next few minutes were a bit somber.
10 mins later whilst walking to the flower market, we passed four of the biggest soldiers that were seriously tooled up. Quite frankly they looked like they would take no ****. I for one was more than happy that they were there for my protection.
I am not saying that we should have soldiers on the streets but if guns are part of the answer, then unfortunately so be it.

If I was 100% certain that there would be no cover ups etc from forces around the country over misuse of firearms then I'd agree. Unfortunately I can't be certain and I wouldn't like all officers to be armed.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Horrendous! Sickening...

Glad she is ok mate.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not a lot i can say about today, my thoughts are with the families who have lost someone today and the innocent people who had to witness this happen.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't know what the answer is, but arming all Police Officers in my opinion is not the correct thing to do.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
One isolated incident and this line gets trotted out.

No way can an organisation as corrupt as the police force have all officers carrying guns.
But it's not an isolated incident any more, it will only get worse. How many Police forces in Europe are unarmed? Are they all wrong and are we the only Country with a corrupt Police Force.

Maybe you can explain your comment and why you thing the British Police are so corrupt.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The dead Policeman was not armed, if he was then he may still be alive. That would have been good enough reason.

The fact that his murderer got close enough to inflict fatal stab wounds tends to suggest to me that Pc Keith Palmer would not have had time to draw the firearm & use it. That then leaves the murderer with knives and a gun. Your logic is unfortunately a little too simplistic.

RIP Pc Keith Palmer and all those fatally injured.

D

Deleted member 1740

But it's not an isolated incident any more, it will only get worse. How many Police forces in Europe are unarmed? Are they all wrong and are we the only Country with a corrupt Police Force.

Maybe you can explain your comment and why you thing the British Police are so corrupt.

Have a read of the Mark Dugan case and read the experts opinions then come back to me. Thats just one case.

Look at the copper who assaulted the innocent Ian Tomlinson, who was later found to be unlawfully killed, then the officer was found not guilty of manslaughter?

Jean Charles de menezes?

And many more, It's all there to see, facts.

Whilst there are many good professional police officers up and down the country, there's many who will misuse there authority and for that reason alone they all shouldnt be armed.