Attacks in London

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Early days with fragmented news coming in but seems like Parliament has been locked down and Theresa May evacuated.

A police office has been stabbed and the assailant shot.

News constantly coming in...

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Only just saw this through another social media platform and just watched a helicopter video over Westminster Bridge where it looks like quite a few still bodies were on the road and pavement with sheets over them, also some covered bodies in the grounds of Westminster, whether they are fatalities or badly injured is unsure as the video I just watched it all looked very sudden and panicky as people were running from 1 body to another to no doubt check their condition before emergency services were on hand.

Reports of then a car ploughing into the gates of the houses of parliament by all accounts which drove through a group of French school children, he then ran from the car and stabbed a police officer apparently but incidents on the bridge and in the houses of parliament where gunshots were then fired are still unclear and not sure if that's just the diplomat security guard firing or the terrorist/s.

Doesn't look good with the amount of ambulances and trolleys being used.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rumour is, car drove down the pavement on Westminster Bridge, mowing down several pedestrians, the car then crashed into railings at Westminster, the driving then getting out, stabbing a policeman before being shot.

One woman has died, several are in a very bad way, and the news is saying a group of French school children were in the path of the car as well.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I know we shouldn't change our way of life because of the actions of terrorists otherwise they win, with their acts of terror, but when a simple car and a knife can be used in such a devastating way to cause such a heinous murdering act, I'm struggling to see what we can do to prevent these attacks in the future?

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Vehicles seem to be the latest weapon of destruction. Mass damage, easily obtained, can't be monitored.
Latest on Sky sadly 2 people now dead. Images of attacker restrained on the ground, with bare legs. Appears Assian per Sky

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I know we shouldn't change our way of life because of the actions of terrorists otherwise they win, with their acts of terror, but when a simple car and a knife can be used in such a devastating way to cause such a heinous murdering act, I'm struggling to see what we can do to prevent these attacks in the future?

It really is a scary thought.

I think the only way to do it is through monitoring before hand, looking at who they are contacting, where they have been. Most of these people don't act alone and are part of a group.

I guess if they do act alone or are on no ones radar then there is absolutely nothing that can be done.

You can put as many police on the street as you want, but unfortunately until the incident occurs the police are completely unaware. It is just good that there are on hand to take control immediately but as seen today, the damage is already done.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Very sad news, rest in peace to the confirmed people who have died.

There definitely does seem to be a surge in terrorist attacks in European cities in the previous couple of years.

Hopefully we can eventually figure out what it is correlated with.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Sounds horrific; apparently a group of French schoolchildren were mown down, a woman pedestrian killed and news filtering in that one of the police officers involved has now died. The Foreign Secretary, who lost his brother in the Bali bombing, was performing CPR on the police officer.

Sympathies to those injured & condolences to those who have lost loved ones.

D

Deleted member 16999

Condolences and thoughts are with family of the Police Officer and the 2 Civilians killed in London today. Hoping all those injured pull through.

D

Deleted member 15344

Very sad news , was in shock hearing about it on the radio

Thoughts with the families

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just trying to catch up on this. Heard somewhere but not seen it so far that someone ended up in the Thames. Did well to survive that if its correct. Very sad day, but I think we all knew it was a matter of when not it. Seems the emergency services were right on it from the moment it happened and responded efficiently and professionally. Thoughts go out the injured, and the families of the deas

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I just bow in admiration for the courage of our front line......no words will ever convey the extent of their bravery to protect us, the public. There is little more I can say as I would get banned if I expressed myself freely. Oh how I wish I could convey on them the pain they cause to innocent people going about their daily lives. My heart goes out to the victims families and loved ones. Too many sad days recently.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just trying to catch up on this. Heard somewhere but not seen it so far that someone ended up in the Thames. Did well to survive that if its correct. Very sad day, but I think we all knew it was a matter of when not it. Seems the emergency services were right on it from the moment it happened and responded efficiently and professionally. Thoughts go out the injured, and the families of the dead

An eyewitness said he saw someone jump over the railing into the Thames to avoid being hit, they were rescued, hopefully they will be alright.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
An eyewitness said he saw someone jump over the railing into the Thames to avoid being hit, they were rescued, hopefully they will be alright.

Very sad and harrowing to be faced with that option of jumping from a height into the river, famous for the rip tides and currents. Glad they were rescued and as you say hopefully they are or will be ok

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's just sickening that this is the world we live in today and the one our kids have to grow into. As many know I travel a lot for work, Paris, Brussels, nice, Berlin and of course London. Great for mrs R's blood pressure, but we must carry on, being scared is what 'they' want. I for one will not stop doing my job and travelling for that job. I am in Berlin all next week, and I will spare a few minutes peace for the innocent that lost their lives there.

This is life for the next generation, attacks on the innocent, but we must remain strong and continue.

Bravo to our emergency services, if I were military, I would salute you.