Athletic Motion Golf

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is a couple of instructors who do Facebook videos on the golf swing. They have a heavy emphasis on measuring positions, angles and all that stuff, but in doing so identify some interesting differences between good players and the rest of us and drills to improve. I have learnt a bit about ball compression and impact position that has helped me and my hook. Free of charge (with the odd ad).

Athletic Motion Golf

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is a couple of instructors who do Facebook videos on the golf swing. They have a heavy emphasis on measuring positions, angles and all that stuff, but in doing so identify some interesting differences between good players and the rest of us and drills to improve. I have learnt a bit about ball compression and impact position that has helped me and my hook. Free of charge (with the odd ad).

Athletic Motion Golf

They are two guys I watch as much as possible.

They dont drone on too long. Explain things very well.

I look at their channel regularly when I want to work on something in my swing.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are two guys I watch as much as possible.

They dont drone on too long. Explain things very well.

I look at their channel regularly when I want to work on something in my swing.

I liked their shaft lean drill where the guys grips the club with the face way closed and then tries to use shaft lead to hit a fade.

AbigailWilson

Visit site
Unfortunately, the link doesn't work for me. But I would be interested to see those instructions. Do you know any other place where I can find it? I’m looking for some tips and workouts that will improve my stamina. Besides, when I play golf for long hours, I can hearlike something is cracking in my hip. I have no idea why this happens. I visited different doctors and asked them what this might be. The only thing I heard is that I can continue playing, and I need to work out more. Also, I ordered some vitamins https://www.nhc.com/brand/onnit and maybe they can help me relax my muscles and play better.

Last edited:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s very interesting stuff, it’s good to see the body position to explain stuff with more clarity

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Paralysis by analysis.

I would agree but it’s about finding your instruction “language”.

I certainly would be overwhelmed as my language is simlar to the Danny Maude style with a bit of Chris Ryan thrown in.

Once you understand your golfing “languages then finding the right way to explain a golf swing is much easier.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

Athletic Motion Golf

Nice. Not seen that before.

Really pleased that it goes with everything I've ever posted (y)
It's nice to see some proof with proper measurements.

eddie_1878

Visit site
Can only concur with the majority here. The level of analysis is as detailed as I’ve seen, which I find fascinating purely out of interest. No less because it highlights there are many ways to skin a cat in order to have a successful golf swing.

As somebody has already highlighted the actual drills are no less complicated as all the other YouTube channels. Plus they come across as decent guys.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a go at the drive split grip swing start drill, I don’t know really what I am doing but I saw a speed increase... I looked silly. Then I watched the hand speed compare amateur vs pro, that was really interesting and I am looking at my angle of wrist at the top.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Bold early statement. Can I ask what you play off? Why would it be paralysis to see some instructional videos and then try to apply it to your own swing. While we are in lockdown there isn't too much else to do and if you have a net and can make a positive change it'll help when we get back to playing

Its been said many times with regards to using a net at home but the issue with spending time making swing changes whilst firing a ball into a net during lockdown is the lack of actual feedback (unless you're lucky enough to have a decent launch monitor) - you could end up with a pretty major unidentified swing fault ingrained that wasn't apparent from using the net.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Its been said many times with regards to using a net at home but the issue with spending time making swing changes whilst firing a ball into a net during lockdown is the lack of actual feedback (unless you're lucky enough to have a decent launch monitor) - you could end up with a pretty major unidentified swing fault ingrained that wasn't apparent from using the net.
I guess it depends on what you're trying to fix.
If you rig up a camera you can get a lot of good feedback if you're trying to correct an identified mechanical/swing path issue.
If you use one of those wierd mats, you can get club head path/angle feedback
If you use spray/tape you can get strike feedback.
I think these are probably more useful for an experienced golfer than a beginner as they assume a starting level of correct diagnosis and understanding of the results.

A mate of mine had a lesson with a pro who was always happy when the sun was bright into the bay because he wanted his students to focus on the process rather than where the ball was going! Not very John Jacobs, but i guess there is some method in the madness.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
This one is my favourite, mainly because it is relevant to me and I also think that it is easy for a golfer of my standard (6.6) to focus on what they are saying here and to be able to actual work on this without having access to their expertise and equipment.