Assisted Dying

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I can only return the comment that you amaze me. The subject under discussion is regarding assisted suicide, I have not made or intended to make any comments regarding the police, armed services or anything else, if I intended it to cover these matters I would have made it clear that's what I meant.

To clarify again:
In relation to assisted suicide, I am not against someone who is able to end their own life doing so under controlled conditions when their quality of life is so bad and the legal conditions that apply are met.

I have also asked the question regarding people who due to their poor state of health couldn't physically or mentally carry out the act of taking a lethal end of life medication, I don't think another person should end their life and further I don't believe the medical professional bodies would agree to them doing it.

That's it, please don't read into my comments anything beyond what I've stated.

Right - that is clear ( different to what you have earlier said, but maybe brevity created a different understanding).
I do not read into comments. I understand what I read. I am a reasonable wordsmith and do not look for meanings other than what is written.
Finally, the thread heading is " Assisted Dying", somewhat broader than assisted suicide.?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Right - that is clear ( different to what you have earlier said, but maybe brevity created a different understanding).
I do not read into comments. I understand what I read. I am a reasonable wordsmith and do not look for meanings other than what is written.
Finally, the thread heading is " Assisted Dying", somewhat broader than assisted suicide.?
Its not different to what Ive said before. I have only rewritten it to try and clarify questions or misinterpretations. You know well the thread from the OP was referring to assisted suicide and you should understand that nothing I have said or inferred related to anything else.

I don't want to keep repeating myself so let's leave it at that please.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Its not different to what Ive said before. I have only rewritten it to try and clarify questions or misinterpretations. You know well the thread from the OP was referring to assisted suicide and you should understand that nothing I have said or inferred related to anything else.

I don't want to keep repeating myself so let's leave it at that please.

I can only understand what you mean by what you write . You should check that. You have done it before,, posts -104 to 106 refer.
Yes, we will leave it at that. No hard feelings ?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can only understand what you mean by what you write . You should check that. You have done it before,, posts -104 to 106 refer.
Yes, we will leave it at that. No hard feelings ?
I can't leave that. You have now used some posts where someone took a line out of one of my posts and used it completely out of context. That was talking about the HOL and how Bishops are part of the political process. I believe I write what I mean and it's normally quite clear in that respect, often the problem is where someone reads into something without trying to understand but rather with a predetermined bias. I'm not accusing you of that by the way.

RichA

Visit site
...but you offer your view as if the goalposts have been moved.
They are where they've always been.
I take your point. But the goalposts have moved a bit?
In the interests of understanding your wordsmithery, please can you clarify how many sets of goalposts there are and which of them have or haven't moved?