Are you happy at your current club?

Chopper007

Hacker
Visit site
Vey interesting Thread. Ive been contemplating going back to my old club too. There main reason I left was nothing to do with the course or people, I just felt I need a change and my new club offered some better facilities i.e. golf during winter with no delays and online timesheet. Going to have a good think about it over the next few weeks.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
In a word NO! I love the lads I play with, everyone of them. The course is looking better than last year but it is far from good. The bunkers are shocking, tees the same, without water we will lose some tees shortly. Greens are better but not good enough. The course facilities are not good. The lockers are poor. We have just had a new shower installed (a curtain would be nice as it is open and communal) Practice facilities are none existent and the practice ground is not easily accessible.
If it were not for the lads I would be off in a shot.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Aye Eastwood is in great nick. Cracking course

In late 1970's early 1980's I was a member at East Ren and played Eastwood regularly (my best pal was a member). To be honest I preferred East Ren but Eastwood was always very enjoyable. Bit different these days now with the M77 and the holes across the road are no more. Going to be in Newton Mearns mid August and will have my clubs with me (hint :))

Keeno

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In late 1970's early 1980's I was a member at East Ren and played Eastwood regularly (my best pal was a member). To be honest I preferred East Ren but Eastwood was always very enjoyable. Bit different these days now with the M77 and the holes across the road are no more. Going to be in Newton Mearns mid August and will have my clubs with me (hint :))
Yes why not. Give me a nudge closer to the time with dates and i'll see what I can do.

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I really wish my course cut the rough lower than knee height. To me all this in doing to the course is slowing play up. Starting to get annoyed with it now, complained and nothing is does. Even low handicap players will be effected by this as the groups in front will slow them down

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
In a word NO! I love the lads I play with, everyone of them. The course is looking better than last year but it is far from good. The bunkers are shocking, tees the same, without water we will lose some tees shortly. Greens are better but not good enough. The course facilities are not good. The lockers are poor. We have just had a new shower installed (a curtain would be nice as it is open and communal) Practice facilities are none existent and the practice ground is not easily accessible.
If it were not for the lads I would be off in a shot.

Take a trip to Rawdon mate!