Are you embarrassed by your handicap??

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Certainly not.......mine's where it should be, I can play near it regularly on leisure knocks, but put a Medal Card in my hand and off White's,.....and playing to it suddenly
sharpens the senses.

What odds does playing off the whites matter, surely the relative css would account for that.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couple of years back maybe, but now I couldn't give a hoot, I'm off 20 (19.6) and I don't care if it goes up or down. I learned not to let such a insignificant little number affect my game or enjoyment.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Frustrated with mine as I know I can play so much better but not having membership and playing once every 4-6 weeks doesn’t help.

when it does click into place I do get embarrassed being off 15

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Frustrated mostly. Vary rarely do I manage to keep a blob or two off the card. Even when scoring decent points in bounce games.

Hit my fair share of pars, usually more than most of my mates off similar and slightly lower handicaps. Just can’t seem to concentrate for 18 holes.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Aye typically after they say something like "I'll just relax and watch you show me how it's done....."

Followed by me repeatedly saying "I'm not usually this bad...." (need to get out of that habit!)
it’ll Be fine once you get back off 2 😉

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like saying I don’t have a handicap. Don’t think there’s a handicap high enough for me!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m not, I don’t really care that much about it, yes I’d like to be lower but it’s a hobby and I do it for fun and my days of really getting annoyed about lack of progress are long gone

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not embarrassed. Frustrated as I want to be lower and feel a better and more consistent golfer is in there. It is what it is and firmly believe these days, don't worry about getting cut (or going up) and just go out and play with freedom and a clear game plan and good rounds will take care of the handicap

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
A few years ago I was.When I joined my club it was just after recovering from major cruciate ligament surgery and had a handicap given of 21 off my three cards. I gradually got my handicap down to 16 and won one of our majors so wrote and asked could I be considered for reduction at handicap review and got cut to 14.
I was on that improvement curve and I'm now down to 11 which I believe is a fair reflection.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nope, not much embarrasses me.

more often than not, I play to somewhere around my h/c
sometimes over, sometimes under.

I play my golf for my own pleasure, and love every stroke I play (be it good or bad), and don't really care what others think.

Great attitude matey ............................... I might borrow that, if I may :thup:.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can’t see how anyone would be embarrassed by their handicap.
People take this game way too seriously.

It's the first question other golfers ask you. You are judged by other golfers by your h/c. You only have to read the comments on this forum to know that.

In answer to the question, yes. Maybe this year............

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm embarrassed it's so high, I should be at least half of what I am but I can't string 18 holes together when it counts.

Maybe this is the year...

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Frustrated with mine as I know I can play so much better but not having membership and playing once every 4-6 weeks doesn’t help.

when it does click into place I do get embarrassed being off 15

Similar for me, replacing with 18hc. Although do have a membership, but not had many comp rounds to calibrate where I think I should be. Also, practice over winter, which seem to genuinely have made a difference has not yet been reflected as have not had a comp round.