Are you bothered about golf in the Olympics?

D

Deleted member 15344

You are the first person I have heard saying Sky is good let alone amazing value.

I wouldn't have one but these dodgy sticks or boxes that give access to everything are amazing value for money.

But illegal ?‍♂️ - stealing something is great value as well

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You are the first person I have heard saying Sky is good let alone amazing value.

I wouldn't have one but these dodgy sticks or boxes that give access to everything are amazing value for money.

Great value for me too, there again I watch more than 99% of their customers I expect

Cheap knock offs usually are great value ;)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

If everyone had those boxes, then we’d not get to watch anything.

I pay £100 a month which is absolute peanuts nowadays for what you get. I also had a box in the past for the 3pm games but reckon all games will be on available services soon enough, so will have no need.

Yeah I have to question how £90 a month to watch some sport is good value when you can get BT Sport for £10 a month for example.

BT tens to run for about £40 if you want it to include internet which I’m sure the £90/£100 will cover. Plus Sky has how many more games? As well as other sports, movies tv shows etc. BT is a wrap off imo.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah I have to question how £90 a month to watch some sport is good value when you can get BT Sport for £10 a month for example.
£90 will cover TV, phone, broadband. Probably the full TV package as well.

Depending on your sporting preference Sky kick BT out of the park, not if you like rugby I suspect. Also, BT have Michael Owen, Paul Scoles and other z list pundits ?. It's worth paying more to avoid them ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Depending on your sporting preference Sky kick BT out of the park, not if you like rugby I suspect. Also, BT have Michael Owen, Paul Scoles and other z list pundits ?. It's worth paying more to avoid them ?
I watch TV for free, it's literally called FreeView. Nobody has a house phone anymore. And broadband, ok, fair enough I suppose. Sky are just annoyed because, say if you only want the sports channels, they won't do you a deal for that. It has to be a whole host of other nonsense as well.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site

Nope. Just the TV package and all that comes with it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I watch TV for free, it's literally called FreeView. Nobody has a house phone anymore. And broadband, ok, fair enough I suppose. Sky are just annoyed because, say if you only want the sports channels, they won't do you a deal for that. It has to be a whole host of other nonsense as well.
To get broadband you need a landline. My wife and I both have elderly relatives who will only call a landline. We also get patchy mobile coverage where we live so we could not be entirely reliant on a mobile.

Sky tv gives more than simply Freeview channels.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
To get broadband you need a landline. My wife and I both have elderly relatives who will only call a landline. We also get patchy mobile coverage where we live so we could not be entirely reliant on a mobile.

I think the closest to what I would want is going Now TV Sports package, even that is £34 a month I think. I currently watch it for free off my dad's account on Sky Go, but he keeps threatening to get rid. :eek:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I think the closest to what I would want is going Now TV Sports package, even that is £34 a month I think. I currently watch it for free off my dad's account on Sky Go, but he keeps threatening to get rid. :eek:

Now TV Sports always have deals on. I've had it for a couple of years and never paid full price. I'm currently paying £20pm plus £3 for the HD/more devices boost.

The only problem is it can't be paused or watched on catchup.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Offer him half the cost of the sports package so he keeps it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now TV Sports always have deals on. I've had it for a couple of years and never paid full price. I'm currently paying £20pm plus £3 for the HD/more devices boost.

The only problem is it can't be paused or watched on catchup.
That wouldn't bother me, I'd only use it for the football or golf, both of which I'd watch live or not at all.

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
Tried to find it & watch it, but not being shown by any channel that I have. Its definately happening, a weather delay, then players back out. Then scores were updating live on the BBC website but no live stream.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I just record it and cut the adverts out.
I just can’t watch live the adverts do my head in.

I hit the mute button. There are ways to avoid the worst aspects of adverts, but I wouldn't avoid the sport , just because of them.

If you like watching golf, then Sky do it well.

Compared with what we used to get on BBC golf. Peter Alliss was very good, however.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tried to find it & watch it, but not being shown by any channel that I have. Its definately happening, a weather delay, then players back out. Then scores were updating live on the BBC website but no live stream.

Golf was on the red button and the BBC Sport website last night.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Just on the above, I've posted before that I haven't had a landline for many years, but still maintain the previous landline number for convenience.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In case anyone is interested there is almost full Olympic coverage with multiple streams and almost everything live and on catch up available on Discovery+. IF you are a vodaphone customer you can sign up for 6 months free subscription to DISCOVERY+. I did it last night via the vodaphone website and it works a treat on our smart TV.

I believe there is a 3 day free trial for non-vodaphone customers too.

YMMV but seems to work great for me.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hit the mute button. There are ways to avoid the worst aspects of adverts, but I wouldn't avoid the sport , just because of them.

If you like watching golf, then Sky do it well.

Compared with what we used to get on BBC golf. Peter Alliss was very good, however.
They are but it’s the same adverts all night usually promoting themselves or some sports betting firm.