Are you bothered about golf in the Olympics?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do think it was a wasted opportunity to choose the standard tournament golf option. Team matchplay or similar would have at least been a bit different to the norm and maybe more accessible for viewers who are not golf fans normally.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Rose v Stenson in the final round in Rio was a great battle.
Will definitely be watching, love the Olympics and (as I'm not willing to pay Murdoch), I don't get to see much golf on TV.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Because COVID is still rife in Japan and most locals don’t want people from all over the world traveling to their country.

It's not that many people and we need to move on. Not much in the way of crowds and the athletes and coaches will be regularly tested and not out partying.

Looks much more controlled than the Euros.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No it’s probably only a thousand or so? yes I agree we do need to move on and the Japanese will be far better than the UK controlling the public.

Also I know that the athletes will be strictly controlled but the majority of the public don’t want them there and that should be the overriding decision, but it’s all about the money.

Saying that I saw Daly and his partner get gold on the news and was pleased for him.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No it’s probably only a thousand or so? yes I agree we do need to move on and the Japanese will be far better than the UK controlling the public.

Also I know that the athletes will be strictly controlled but the majority of the public don’t want them there and that should be the overriding decision, but it’s all about the money.

Saying that I saw Daly and his partner get gold on the news and was pleased for him.
Jesus Christ, how did Big John manage to qualify?? Good lad!

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Good news. Murdoch sold Sky a good few years ago. You've missed a few years of golf unnecessarily but you can fill your boots now and catch up ?

I didn't know that. From now on, I'll just object to Sky on value-for-money grounds rather than for Murdoch's complete absence of morals. Either way, I'm still looking forward to a bit of golf on the BBC.

badgergm

Visit site
I didn't know that. From now on, I'll just object to Sky on value-for-money grounds rather than for Murdoch's complete absence of morals. Either way, I'm still looking forward to a bit of golf on the BBC.
depends how much sport you watch. I watch loads, so not bad value overall. If I watched less I’d probably use dodgy box/streams.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

It's about the billions Japan have spent preparing for it. Right decision to go ahead.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
depends how much sport you watch. I watch loads, so not bad value overall. If I watched less I’d probably use dodgy box/streams.
Yes, everybody evaluates in different ways. I don't mind paying for the BBC because there's no adverts. I don't mind the adverts on all the other free-to-air channels because I'm not paying for them. I really object to the idea of paying and having to watch adverts - so I don't. I'm also worried that, even if I overcame that objection, I'd end up watching sport instead of playing it or spectating live. Each to their own though.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Little interest in Olympic anything to be honest....whether golf should be there or not is a whole different debate.
Even less interest due to the time differences...

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Sky is amazing value for money. I pay £90 a month for the full mashings and a second skyQ box. £90 is a meal and a few drinks for a couple these days. It pays for itself with the amount of sport and shows we watch so I am super comfortable with it.

Golf on the BBC would be great but it wouldn't break my heart if it wasn't

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, everybody evaluates in different ways. I don't mind paying for the BBC because there's no adverts. I don't mind the adverts on all the other free-to-air channels because I'm not paying for them. I really object to the idea of paying and having to watch adverts - so I don't. I'm also worried that, even if I overcame that objection, I'd end up watching sport instead of playing it or spectating live. Each to their own though.
I just record it and cut the adverts out.
I just can’t watch live the adverts do my head in.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sky is amazing value for money. I pay £90 a month for the full mashings and a second skyQ box. £90 is a meal and a few drinks for a couple these days. It pays for itself with the amount of sport and shows we watch so I am super comfortable with it.

Golf on the BBC would be great but it wouldn't break my heart if it wasn't

You are the first person I have heard saying Sky is good let alone amazing value.

I wouldn't have one but these dodgy sticks or boxes that give access to everything are amazing value for money.