Apple Watch gps apps

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been asked a million times before I imagine but what are you guys and gals using?
I downloaded the Tag Heuer app to my phone yesterday and it looks really funky, is the watch app just as good?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was a hole19 user for a long time, full pro subscription and it is good. But when it came round to renewing I had a look around and started using the Taylormade one, ‘Taylormade on course’ I think it’s called now. Totally free and works fine on the Apple Watch. However, hole19 have just sent a masters 40% off offer, so May plump for that again as it has all the bells and whistles.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Golfshot for me. I've dipped in and out with it for years and while it's all fine and functional, I always revert back to just using a laser.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was a hole19 user for a long time, full pro subscription and it is good. But when it came round to renewing I had a look around and started using the Taylormade one, ‘Taylormade on course’ I think it’s called now. Totally free and works fine on the Apple Watch. However, hole19 have just sent a masters 40% off offer, so May plump for that again as it has all the bells and whistles.

Thanks mate, I don’t really need any bells and whistles just front, middle, back distances and hazards.

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use myTaylorMade On Course, formally known as myRoundPro. Its essentially a free strokes gained shot tracking app. It is manual shot tracking but its really easy to use and gives you distances etc. Stats not quite as in depth as something like shotscope or arcoss but its free.

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Taylormade seems popular lol, does it do hazards as well? Sure I read somwhere that some Apple Watch apps don’t have hazards in them.
Not on the watch no, its more for shot tracking on the watch with some basic yardages to the green.

On the phone app yes it has the ability for all that.

peld

Visit site
Hole19 user. I have the full version (think it was £10 for a year on Black Friday).
Works well enough for distances and can track scores on practice rounds. No complaints

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks mate, I take it the Apple watch works similar to some Garmin watches, you copy over the course from the app on the phone, then once it's on you can use the watch without being tethered to your phone?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks mate, I take it the Apple watch works similar to some Garmin watches, you copy over the course from the app on the phone, then once it's on you can use the watch without being tethered to your phone?

It's a little bit different. you download the course to the phone (takes a matter of seconds), then press 'start round" on the phone. The app starts automatically on the watch, phone goes in the bag, don't need it again until the end of the round when you hit 'finish round".

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Bought Missis T an Apple Watch a couple of weeks ago, she loves it.. I asked the guy in the apple shop re golf apps and he mentioned there is a Few. My first thoughts were £10 a year for an app is expensive but 10 years at a tenner = £100. My first Garmin watch was a lot more than that and never lastEd 10 years

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
There are lots that work well for front/middle/back. I'm still looking for a free one that does distance to bunkers/penalty areas well. until then I am Jonny-two watches, with my Garmin as well.