Anyone using golf pad these days?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
It is that time of year when my mind drifts to technology. I downloaded the app prior to squeezing in 10 holes on Christmas Eve. I was surprised how little having the phone in my pocket annoyed me. I was just registering shots , putts really, hadn't read up on all the options. Did indicate in sand and side of fairway a couple of times. Plus could mark the hole position. I haven't registered so haven't really assessed what was captured.

I notice you can purchase the tags for your clubs and use phone NFC to register the club for a shot. Think you can buy the game golf tags and do the same with that. Any views on how they compare.

Looks like golf pad have a phone alternative auto club detect thingy also but quite a bit more expensive.

I am not convinced I'd want to use any of these devices while in a comp unless they become really unobtrusive, but I also play a fair bit on my own and may find something like this a welcome distraction.

Any feedback from others?

BubbaP

Visit site
Looking like a no then.

Seems popular stateside but probably game golf has made much better inroads in the UK.

I'll probably play around with both of the apps some more and think if worth going for tags and all later.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve never heard of it to be honest. I have been using the game golf app on my phone. Quite impressed though I do tend to edit it as I go round, I keep forgetting to tag the shots.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems like a lot of effort to me. I just use Hole 19 for GPS and input my scores and number of putts - that's all the detail I would really want personally. Can't see myself ever using an app where you tag what club you're using and whatnot.

BubbaP

Visit site
That is part of what I am finding out. Don't have any tags currently but recording the club used in the app is actually quick and easy. Am currently only trying this when playing some holes alone though.