Anyone tips on removing little marks and sky marks from woods?

Delh1982

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bought a second hand cobra driver from ebay the other day and it has a couple of little marks on it , has anyone any little tips on removing them that they have tried

cheers

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As above - I've had some success using car polish. If the scratch is deep, you're unlikely to be able to remove altogether, but you should be able to make it more visually pleasing. Shallower scratches and swirls can often be completely removed.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What colour is the paint? Just use the appropriate colour marker pen. I used to have a Ping G5 driver and I chipped some paint off the head when I bashed it on the handle of my trolley. I just coloured it in with black marker pen. You could not see any blemishes when the club was in the address position.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Depends on the mark I suppose. I got a little scratch on my red headed cobra. Near the back and no idea how but a little bit of nearly matching nail varnish and it doesn't distract me any more.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I bought a second hand driver and theres 2 small sky marks on the crown- I have never ever ever put a sky mark on a wood and it shouts at me at address:rofl: used a sharpy to 'mask' them as I like the club but a more permanent solution would be nice- love a black glossy head:thup:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it's a black head try black nail varnish. I bought some off Ebay and it works a treat as it's a neat small brush and a very glossy finish.

SteveBonners

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I seem to recall a member at my former club saying that there were specific golf club "touch up" paints that you can find on ebay .

Just had a quick look and it appears that there are various ones on there for both black and white drivers. They claim to be an exact match.

I had a small mark on the edge of the crown on my driver and a black marker pen did the trick