Anyone ride a bicycle to the driving range?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used to ride to hockey practice for many years with a bag across my back. I'd suggest a pencil bag would be ideal for a few golf clubs. You don't want anything to bulky, obviously, or something that could tip

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
When I lived in Bristol and before I had a car, I‘d occasionally cycle up the Gloucester Rd (A38) from my digs (in Lockleaze for those who know) to the golf club in Filton carrying my clubs over my shoulder. It was over 3miles. Thinking about it now I can’t actually believe I did that 😳

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
When I lived in Bristol and before I had a car, I‘d occasionally cycle up the Gloucester Rd (A38) from my digs (in Lockleaze for those who know) to the golf club in Filton carrying my clubs over my shoulder. It was over 3miles. Thinking about it now I can’t actually believe I did that 😳
Yep. I can drive there and similar distance and they pedestrianised the country lane right outside mine so thinking cycling could be fun

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I used to ride to hockey practice for many years with a bag across my back. I'd suggest a pencil bag would be ideal for a few golf clubs. You don't want anything to bulky, obviously, or something that could tip
I’ve just seen some backpack straps that might connect to the clips on the titleist pencil bag so this might work

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Take your normal carry bag...put the cover on it, sling it over your shoulder, no problems.

When I was a kid my mates and I would go fishing...rod holdall with two or three rods, landing net, rod rests, keepnet over one shoulder. Tackle box over the other shoulder. We used to cycle miles in all weathers like this.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Dunno who sells them in Uk but I'd have though a golf rifle/gun bag would suit for this type of range commute

1691999879487.png

RichA

Visit site
When I was a kid I once discovered that this was a handy place to carry cricket stumps on my Raleigh Arena, between the handlebar and the secondary brake lever...
IMG_2928.jpeg
You could probably fit 4 or 5 golf clubs in there.
The only downside I discovered, while hurtling down a hill towards a busy junction, was that it renders the brakes totally inoperable.
I only did it the once.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Problem is the movement will loosen the zips. There is a purpose built one but as with everything these days, it is massively overpriced at £200!
I don't see why.
Stick in a half set, heads inside, camera, tripod, drink and stuff a towel in to keep everything secure.
I've just saved you £190

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think this is my option B as I can get some pads to stop the bike scratching
Get some of the large pipe insulation and lag your crossbar.
then lay clubs along making sure they don’t effect steering and brake cables.
put a bungee hook in saddle frame and wind around ( long one nessesary) to secure shafts.
wind to other end and hook over itself to secure.

been doing this for years.

sometimes you see the large yellow lagging on the pavement that’s fell off a van.
this is perfect for this,

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Dunno who sells them in Uk but I'd have though a golf rifle/gun bag would suit for this type of range commute

View attachment 48951
Yeah I was looking at similar. Problem is that part of the journey is a tight country lane and I don’t want some idiot at 60mph clipping it and dragging me off my bike. Might work with the backpack sraps I’ve seen though 🤔