Anyone played Hill barn GC ?

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Is it any easier on the legs than Waterhall ?

What are the greens like ?

Does it get overly crowded on a Friday pm ?

Would I crawl off the 18th weeping like a little girl ?

PhilC

Hacker
Visit site
Thats an early post 04:00 :D

I have played Hill Barn @ Worthing. Not a bad track at all. It does go up and down a bit but nothing to cause any heart attacks. We are not talking Seaford Head :D

It was in good order and not to busy. Good breakfast to as I recall. Good nick last time I played last summer with good greens. We often play it on a weekend golf trip away down the coast.

We are down that way in August. Let us know how it is looking if you go.

What ever you do, enjoy.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hmmm, I've fallen for that 'not very hilly at all' con trick before ( like yesterday, in fact )

Do I trust my fellow forumers as being generally upfront trustworthy type doods.

Or do I think everyone of youse is actually Smiffy in diguise, and just trying to kill me as quickly and as painfully as possible ?

PhilC

Hacker
Visit site
Who me? Not been on here long enough just yet to be swinging the lead. Don’t want to be responsible for your early demise.

I am getting seriously close to 40 and I do not require an oxygen tent upon completion just yet.

However, should you ask me if there is any trouble at the back of the green one day, be sure to check the answer to that one!! ;)

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm only 45 myself. But I've had a retail job for the last 9 years, until 8 months ago, so spent most of my time sitting behind a desk.

Now I'm getting more active again, but having played my 4th full round of the year, I expected to be able to handle the physical demands a bit better than I obviously am.

I reckon it's costing me somewhere between 4 and 8 shots a round, possibly more, if you take the mental side into account as well.

I've said it before....

silly bloody game. :(

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Get yourself a leccy trolley then!!
I've got the GoKart and without a shadow of doubt it's the best golfing item I've ever purchased.
It's made a helluva difference to my enjoyment of the game.

PhilC

Hacker
Visit site
Got to agree with Smiffy on the elec trolley.
I got the GoKart trolley last year. Worth every penny.
Still use a pencil bag and 1/2 set to keep in the boot for those quick nines when the opportunity arises. Carrying a full set with all the gubbins is not my idea of fun anymore. Walk off the tee still feel like doing it all over again.

Tobyamu

Hacker
Visit site
From what i remember it wasnt very Hilly at all, Is it the course with a couple of very driveable par 4s (one of them is 250 yards downhill i think)?

personally i hate Waterhall, two much more better clubs up the road one of which i happen to work in ;)

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
2 better clubs ?

Name names then, ffs. A dumbbot like me doesn't do too good at multiple guesses. I need names and postcodes :eek:

And as for you two...

'Lecky trollies ?

I can't even afford a new set of woods, much less the luxuries like a glove, 3 piece balls, or indeed, a 'lecky trolly.

Use a trolly.........

Made of money, I am.......