Anyone live near Cairnryan Port?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
.....and willing to do me a favour?

Coming back from Larne on Tuesday the pigs caught be doing 46mph in what was a 30mph zone. I had left the port after coming off the ferry and was merrily keeping up with the pace of traffic when the feds pulled me about a mile up the road.

Now I honestly had no idea it was a 30 zone and thought it was a 60 to be honest,the lads thought we were maybe getting pulled for a drug search with 4 youngish lads sat in a car and we were all shocked that it was a 30 zone.

My biggest concern is that I cannot recall seeing any 30mph signs after leaving the ferry and wonder if this is actually the case and if so I may appeal it but it's not like I can hop around the corner to take a look.......it's 3hrs 30mins away!!:rolleyes:

I have has a look on street view and cannot see any signs.

The 2 cars behind me that were part of our group cannot recall any signs and thought I had been pulled for anything but speeding.

Anyone willing to take a look for me? I was heading north on the A77 toward Girvan.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=e...lcV7UcaLMoe60QWx_4G4BQ&sqi=2&ved=0CJEBEPwSMAA

Failing that I may have to just bite the bullet!!:angry:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry Dodger it is a 30mph zone. I have never driven off the ferry but I would be surprised if there was no signs up, probably by the ferry gates.
It happens on a regular basis, I always have to check myself on that part of the road as it seems totally illogical to be 30mph.
Usually mucho police activity around the ferry on both sides of the road.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have asked a cop girlfriend who is in the feds at Stranraer to check it out for me tomorrow,she is not sure if there is a sign from the terminal.....here's hoping.

She did say it is a hotspot for getting pulled.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is definitely a speed limit going past the port and IIRC about a mile either side, all down to if there is a visible sign when exiting it.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Dodger.
The port exit definately comes within the 30 mph zone north and south. I do not think there is a national speed limit sign heading north once you have left the built up area. If there is it is well hidden. I remember looking for it once out of interest.
I assume you are questioning the fact that on leaving the ferry grounds there are no 30 mph signs.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Dodger.
The port exit definately comes within the 30 mph zone north and south. I do not think there is a national speed limit sign heading north once you have left the built up area. If there is it is well hidden. I remember looking for it once out of interest.
I assume you are questioning the fact that on leaving the ferry grounds there are no 30 mph signs.

Yes,surely must be but you never know.None of the 12 in cars can remember seeing them but then again we were all jiggered and wanted home.