Anyone hit the gym for golf?

TRS30

Head Pro
Visit site
Do some upper body weights, mainly arms and chest, in the winter 3/4 times a week and play footie. In the summer only do upper body about 3 times every two weeks to keep ticking over.

golfnut18

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't go to the gym but do go running 3 to 4 times a week.

cool.
ive just been squatting so i highly doubt that il be able to walk very well tomorrow and im playing 18 :) ohh the joy

Nah you'll be ok tomorrow, it'll hit you wednesday if squats aint part of your normal routine.
]

ohh it is part of my normal routine and i did them to failure so im finding it hard to walk now ! dammit :cool:

Fair play-a fantastic exercise, though I prefer the incline leg press but the squat is a far more natural movement, the only prob is it can build not only your legs but your a*se as well!
incline leg presses are very good. but i only do squats because ive got a squat/power rack in my garage so its easy peasie ;)

holein1

Club Champion
Visit site
I make working out another part of my game to be honest. I go to the gym occasionally but most workout in the house. Some weight-lifting, press-ups and followed by chin-ups. Since i started ive noticed a considerably increase in length.

marmar

Club Champion
Visit site
The only training i do is 8 hours a day laying brick and block

I wish i had time to do so

In all my years in construction I've never known a brickie do an 8 hour day! :rolleyes: Made of sugar!

I hit the gym - not specifically for golf but have an eye on it - always wary of becoming too bulky and impeding the swing - lots of core and back work - they can't be strong enough in my opinion. Get there most mornings before work it's a boxing gym so a lack of pretty girls but it's a good workout. That and plenty of running - I hate running.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've just joined a local gym.

Starting off improving my very poor fitness, after that will be looking at exercises that can help in golf.

Might even join the Yoga class...