Anyone else waiting for clubs?

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ordered a 2 iron on 27th September. Was originally told it would be delivered around Nov 12th, which then slipped a week to the 19th, and then another two weeks to Dec 3rd.

Neeko1988

Visit site
This is the reason I went to Scottsdale for the same day build. I couldn’t spend so much money and wait months. They newer models will be out by the time these all start dropping

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The problem at present is GENERALLY pro shops have no idea on delivery dates. Yes I am still waiting, communication is poor, basically the majority are not interested once they have your money. It is outside their control but they have been used to promised delivery dates being met and when they are let down they are unprepared and their service is unsatisfactory.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is the reason I went to Scottsdale for the same day build. I couldn’t spend so much money and wait months. They newer models will be out by the time these all start dropping

This is a fair point. Woinder what the position will be for those who ordered clubs wanting the latest model to find that the new version is already on the horizon or already released and those nice shiny clubs that you have only just received are being sold at a considerable mark down.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This is a fair point. Woinder what the position will be for those who ordered clubs wanting the latest model to find that the new version is already on the horizon or already released and those nice shiny clubs that you have only just received are being sold at a considerable mark down.
It will be interesting to see how the OEMs manage this..
Is factory time that should be producing new product being used to fulfill orders for the old product.?
The sensible thing may be to delay new launches by 6-9 months..

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It will be interesting to see how the OEMs manage this..
Is factory time that should be producing new product being used to fulfill orders for the old product.?
The sensible thing may be to delay new launches by 6-9 months..

That is true but can you really see OEMs holding back the plans for early next year and going into the new year with no product launches. How will the magazines and Youtubers survive with no new gear to review.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd be seriously asking for refunds/discounts if it were me.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Ordered a 60 degree Vokey wedge bent to 58 for low bounce in Sept told October, then told Mid November :cautious:, then January :poop: so cancelled it end of October

Was delivered today - Go figure :)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I picked some clubs off a bloke yesterday and he said his new Mizunos took 7 days to be delivered. Ordered from a place in Wallasey. Maybe everyone should buy Mizuno?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I picked some clubs off a bloke yesterday and he said his new Mizunos took 7 days to be delivered. Ordered from a place in Wallasey. Maybe everyone should buy Mizuno?
It all depends on what they have in stock and what they have to customise.
Some of the less common shaft/head combos are available and as long as they have grips they can still turn the order around in a week..
Its becoming more and more uncommon though.