Anyone braving the storm today?

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bit wet and windy out here in mid Scotland. Busting for a round though. Storm doesn’t put me off but am I being daft for wanting to get out in this wind 🤷*♂️

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
its very nice here in Inverness. not planning on playing today as a few things to do.

but wind would not stop me playing if it did i would never get a game at my home course;)

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve been pretty much the only one on the golf course this winter, even played in the snow a couple of weeks back. I don’t know if it’s passion or addiction 😁

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Blowing a hoolie up here on the Carse. We've had to postpone our Hogmanay game at St Andrews until tomorrow. (At least it's a lot milder.)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I just drove up the M40 and was only doing 40mph for long periods as the rain was that torrential you couldn’t actually see the road and then the standing water was grabbing your wheels and snatching the steering wheel, it was a scary 90 minute drive, the flooding was very evident everywhere, I’d think most courses will be struggling with flooding, I know we only have 10 holes open as the river has burst its banks but if any of that rain I’ve just driven through comes to the Midlands we’ll be closed for days.

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We're open finally, albeit with 8 temps! Still, it's been closed all week so shall be nipping up for a few later.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I just drove up the M40 and was only doing 40mph for long periods as the rain was that torrential you couldn’t actually see the road and then the standing water was grabbing your wheels and snatching the steering wheel, it was a scary 90 minute drive, the flooding was very evident everywhere, I’d think most courses will be struggling with flooding, I know we only have 10 holes open as the river has burst its banks but if any of that rain I’ve just driven through comes to the Midlands we’ll be closed for days.

Sounds scary! In all likelihood the course will be flooded with the snow melt. It’s blowin a right gale here today.

What storm? Beautiful up here...

Where are you?

...the Shire?

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just back from being out. Really windy here, ground still frozen about 1cm under the surface. Still played 9, will play in most weather, getting out for a game is important.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Yeah courses around Brum are struggling a bit. Very soggy underfoot so I’ve had to make do with the range this Christmas. Glad you got home safely in those terrible driving conditions!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was meant to b playing but the course is closed due to ice and flooding , a mild zephyr here in Dundee:thup:

All St Andrews Links courses are closed all day too and It's just been announced that the Tay Road Bridge is now shut to all vehicles due to the winds, so a long diversion if we were playing in Fife.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
All St Andrews Links courses are closed all day too and It's just been announced that the Tay Road Bridge is now shut to all vehicles due to the winds, so a long diversion if we were playing in Fife.

Just a bit of a detour Clive, the Tay is a bit choppy today sitting looking at it from the bedroom window.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My course has been closed for a week or so now, heavy rain, snow, flooding from melted snow. Strong winds today meaning even if open it would be pointless.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Dry here but very windy out there however the course is open and on full greens so it would be rude not to go and have a game even if it's just for a bit of fun and a few drinks afterwards with the lads :swing:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Went to a wedding yesterday with the intention of being good and playing this morning. That didn't happen but wandered up for a stroll round and to hit a few balls and clear the head. A gusty wind but nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be and definitely regretting a missed opportunity as the course was strangely empty but in good nick according to those playing. Not holding any expectations to be playing tomorrow and glad to see gusty winds and squally showers in the forecast so won't feel I'm missing out