Anyone braving the storm today?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The forecast here in Kent was overnight rain clearing about our 10am tee off. My lad had arranged for 12 of us to play near Maidstone 3 x 4 balls as a Texas scramble. Still raining when we started and by the 11th it pee'd down so we abandoned the game - full English breakfast was good though.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How is the strike and the swing changes now?

Night and day. the amount of fats is down to a couple a round instead of a couple of good irons per round.

Season can't start soon enough. Shot 5 over in our boxing day comp which was only good enough for 5th sadly.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pleasant 18 holes today in a bit of a breeze but then we are on a ridge. On full grass tees & greens & all in good shape considering what's been thrown at us recently.... roll on the New Year & longer days.... best wishes to all :thup:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Tee’d off at 0930 in a bit of rain for the first two holes. Played the next 14 in lovely weather only to get a little wet on the 17/18th....

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Main course was waterlogged so I went to. 9-hole 3 par course which had full greens for the first time this winter. Did 18 holes and the weather was surprisingly pleasant. Didn’t stop me playing guff mind you! Really need more time at the range in 2018.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I gave golf a miss today, wind was wild. BBC were saying gusts up to about 55mph.

My club is right by the sea and very exposed in places so no doubt winds would have been > 60 at times.

Medal on NYD and decent weather forecast.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got to the club about 9.00, nursing a thick head, got everything ready and headed to the first tee for a solo round. Heavens opened and I retreated to the sanctuary of the bar. Decided to hit the practice ground when the rain stopped but the wind was really gusty and made any sort of constructive work impossible. Looking bleak all week and next weekends forecast also has strong winds and rain. Can't wait for Summer