PGA Coach in Kent

aaajjj7589

Visit site
I'm based in Mid-Kent and am looking for some lessons to combine a club fitting.

Bit of context for me as a Golfer:

- Started after Lockdown 1.0 having never played
- Bought a cheap set of clubs which I want to massively upgrade on
- Played 3 rounds last week when courses opened. 1 par 70 with a round of 97 (this was the first round back) 1 par 68 with a round of 80 and then a round of 91 on a par 67 (this is the toughest course out the 3 in my opinion)
- Arccos app says I am playing with a 22 handicap which I don't mind given my early stages of playing golf

My aim is quite simple: I want to bring down my score so I am regularly in the 80's or very low 90's by the end of Autumn on a par 71(ish). Ideally an 16-18 or so handicap by Autumn would be ideal with the amount of time I am willing to spend getting better. And I mainly want to be playing consistent golf shots with the old duffer here or there or the odd missed put - like we all have.

So my question is; does anyone in this region have recommendations on who around here would be good to go for lessons with and - equally - where should I avoid?

Thanks in advance!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When you say "mid kent", geographically or the club do you mean?
Me personally, I'm in Medway, play at Sittingbourne and have instruction with Gary Bason down at Stonelees.
I couldn't recommend him enough.

gopher99

Visit site
You have quite a few coaches around, Tim Milford at Pedham place, Mark Peddar at Kings Hill, Duncan Lambert at West Malling. You have got coaches at the Weald of Kent.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Paul Foston for me

Not the cheapest but is an excellent teacher, has an outside short game area and putting green at his home along with an indoor bay with video setup. Nice guy and gets on with a no nonsense lesson. Unlike some pros I've used he is reliable at sending a lesson video and overview from any indoor lesson

gopher99

Visit site
Paul Foston is in smarden, he has a nice setup at home. He used to coach at the Weald of Kent before moving it to his house, I got my old set of Titleist irons fitted by him.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m using Paul Page in Dartford. He’s really good teacher and has a good set up at the 9 hole par 3 situated next to dartford fc’s stadium. Also has an indoor simulator

https://www.thepaulpagegolfacademy.co.uk/paul-page

Paul is also great, I had lessons with him at Kings Hill and West Malling before he moved to do his own thing, a bit too far away from me. I prefer hitting balls and seeing them fly rather than a sim, but he's another very good coach. My handicap dropped from 21 to 12 in 6 months with Paul, I can't say that was entirely him, but clearly a big factor!