Any Wearside members on here?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’m interested as to how it holds up in the winter and how much it’s been closed this year given how wet it has been. Also are there usually any restrictions in place like winter greens or tees?

thanks

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like every course in the county it’s took a battering with the weather but to be honest it’s held up ok up to now. I think it’s been closed on a weekend 3 times since October. Winter greens have been cut but not on them much. I was expecting them to be on yesterday with the frost but they were on normal greens. The 5th is on a temp at the moment as the green is getting redesigned. winter tees are in place on a couple holes but don’t loose any distance as they are the right beside the normal tees
We currently have teeing up on fairways which we haven’t normally done previously but we have a new head Greenkeeper
Any more question pm me

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Like every course in the county it’s took a battering with the weather but to be honest it’s held up ok up to now. I think it’s been closed on a weekend 3 times since October. Winter greens have been cut but not on them much. I was expecting them to be on yesterday with the frost but they were on normal greens. The 5th is on a temp at the moment as the green is getting redesigned. winter tees are in place on a couple holes but don’t loose any distance as they are the right beside the normal tees
We currently have teeing up on fairways which we haven’t normally done previously but we have a new head Greenkeeper
Any more question pm me
Thanks mate. That’s all I need for now. A few of us are contemplating leaving Ramside so may take you up and PM you a few more questions.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
Any truth in the rumours that the range is going at the ramside, and they are going to be building houses on some of the new course?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Any truth in the rumours that the range is going at the ramside, and they are going to be building houses on some of the new course?
The only thing we know for sure is that there will be a range at Ramside. In all honestly the new course needs a bit of a redesign in my opinion.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
There are a few holes which are poor on the new course, the 17th being the worst.
I actually like that one. For me each side of the road is a different type of course. Personally I’d have created two really sporty 9 hole par 3 loops that can be combined as 18. That would cater for modern day players who complain about pace of play as they don’t have enough time to play a long 18hole track.

Don't get me wrong though I don’t mind the course. You just have to challenge your thinking of how you play it. The long club is not always the right club.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I actually like that one. For me each side of the road is a different type of course. Personally I’d have created two really sporty 9 hole par 3 loops that can be combined as 18. That would cater for modern day players who complain about pace of play as they don’t have enough time to play a long 18hole track.

Don't get me wrong though I don’t mind the course. You just have to challenge your thinking of how you play it. The long club is not always the right club.
I think that would have been a great move. The Prince Bishop course is so enjoyable to play, I've yet to meet anyone who likes the Cathedral. 3 nines would have been smart, it works well at Matfen.