Any Tesla 3 Owners around here?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
That would tick all the boxes haha, would become a battle for the charging point though!

Does make me wonder how much a pain it would become if a household were all running EV's. It's fine for me as I'm not battling for the charging point. But say a family of 4 in the future there could be 4-6 cars seeing regular use in some cases how would you even manage the charging situation?

A second powerwall ?

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site

A second powerwall ?

More the logistics i'm thinking of in cases where predominatly on street car parking or you can't get numerous cars in close proximity to the charging point. We can get two / 3 cars at a push on our drive but all miles apart from each other. I could just imagine the family arguments over who gets to park near the charger where you have scenarios were trailing cables aren't really suitable due to on street parking etc..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've tried, I really have but I can't hold it in any longer. It's a piggin estate, not a shooting brake. Jaguar's marketing dept tried it but we still called it an estate. And breathe......................

If they can get 300+ miles out of that and keep the price somewhere around £30-£35k, that wont happen yet I know, then that becomes a real game changer. That is a proper family car. Other car mfrs need to start being afraid of them.

daverollo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Funnily enough I spent too much time last week reading online about EV cars. The Tesla Model 3 Long Ranges in particular. I currently drive a BMW 120d and the wife has a company car Outlander PHEV, which in the most part has worked well for short journeys ferrying in the kids about. Just 1 tank of petrol a month and we have an home charging unit for it in the garage.

The appeal to me is not only the range (348 miles) which would be perfect just about all year round for me, but also the tax benefits it put through as a company car. The double whammy being in Scotland that I'll be calling the Energy Saving Trust about there interest free loans for the purchase of EV vehicles. Either in personal name or business, I'd imagine some hoops to jump through to qualify.

I was down on the Lake District on Friday and a chap at the hotel had a Model 3 Performance on charge. Had a chat with him and he loves it - as a company car, as it's going to save him a mint in tax.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just realised I live in the wrong part of the country ....

Electric Vehicle Loan in Scotland
In Scotland, Transport Scotland funds an interest-free Electric Vehicle Loan of up to £35,000 for purchases of a new plug-in electric vehicle for personal use and up to £120,000 for purchases of new plug-in electric vehicles for business use.

Source: https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/incentives#chapter4

Why in the name of God is this not in England??

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just realised I live in the wrong part of the country ....

Electric Vehicle Loan in Scotland
In Scotland, Transport Scotland funds an interest-free Electric Vehicle Loan of up to £35,000 for purchases of a new plug-in electric vehicle for personal use and up to £120,000 for purchases of new plug-in electric vehicles for business use.

Source: https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/incentives#chapter4

Why in the name of God is this not in England??
Cos we cannot afford it ..

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or because we can afford the cars without the loan ?
It’s the loans that make the cars look affordable... it’s the 2nd hand buyers who are more than likely to own out right.
If you base it on 1/3 of your total income as car money .. then look at the average wage people cannot afford to buy out right or do it every 3 years. Cars are poor investments

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s the loans that make the cars look affordable... it’s the 2nd hand buyers who are more than likely to own out right.
If you base it on 1/3 of your total income as car money .. then look at the average wage people cannot afford to buy out right or do it every 3 years. Cars are poor investments

who spends 1/3rd of their income on their car?