Any forum love gor a Dundonald outing late October.....?

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have an update, the green fee is £70pp for both the 22nd and 29th October. I have to say that I find that a bit rich for what is effectively the start of the winter season so I'll not be pursuing either of those dates.

Sunday 5th November is £50 a head of that is of interest. 3 tee times are currently available from 10am till 10.20am.

Please advise soonest, payment upfront is required.

I'd be keen for the 5th November :)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Mats are not used at Dundonald, so try not to take any divots please. Although at present I play most of my approach shots from the semi or wider!!!

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Not sure how I missed this yesterday. Think £50 is too much for a winter rate. Pretty sure the bogside winter rate is something like £30.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I agree it's a tad rich I agree but comparing Bogside to Dundonald though?

Is Dundonald in twice as good a state in Winter? Not played either in winter so can't comment but just making a general observation that there will be better value elsewhere around that time of year. I enjoyed bogside just as much as Dundonald when I played them. Not sure there was that much difference in quality.

fourdoors

Medal Winner
Visit site
I think Dundonald is more than twice the course Bogside is. Bit I agree 50 for a winter game is rather excessive.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Glasgow Gailes next door is £45 winter rate so I'd suggest £50 is a fair price.

Would also agree that £50 is steep for essentially winter golf but it's always the full course. No mats, winter greens, no taking the ball to the semi rough.

Comparing Dundonald to Bogside is like comparing a Ford Focus to a 5 series BMW.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
When I played bogside it was immaculate, quirky and a truly enjoyable day. When I played Dundonald it was immaculate in parts (think it was 3 greens that were on temps- can't quite remember), so perhaps distorting my view of things. Played both once each and from what I've seen I'd rather play Bogside for about half the price. Anyway it's not my outing and it's being taken off topic.