Any advice please?

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, a push-fade, hit from the inside, no swing changes.... except you'll be able to RIP IT :D

Not to make your head any bigger and i never thought I would say this James but you are a genius!

Played this morning and out of the 8 times I used the big stick I was straight down the middle apart from once when I ran into a fairway bunker that cuts into the right side of the fairway. Just stood up there, aimed down the left hand side and ripped a big push-fade everytime.

Worked an absolute treat...:cheers:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I hear Bob is planning his retirement around the number of lessons you are going to need Adey. Something about changing you to a left handed golfer.:whistle::rofl:

Good luck with the lessons, and do what Uncle Bob tells you.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hear Bob is planning his retirement around the number of lessons you are going to need Adey. Something about changing you to a left handed golfer.:whistle::rofl:

Good luck with the lessons, and do what Uncle Bob tells you.

MAybe not quite his retirement but he might be able to upgrade those antique clubs of his.............:whistle:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not to make your head any bigger and i never thought I would say this James but you are a genius!

Played this morning and out of the 8 times I used the big stick I was straight down the middle apart from once when I ran into a fairway bunker that cuts into the right side of the fairway. Just stood up there, aimed down the left hand side and ripped a big push-fade everytime.

Worked an absolute treat...:cheers:

What cut you in for then Adey?:D
Since your short game is great you must have had a great round.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Adey PM'd me.... I think (the last time I checked) that I'm allowed to answer.

Don't worry I told him that you'd go against everything I said because you're always right :thup:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you are both pretty spot on with your advice. James you have given me a nice little fix to get me by at the minute. But I am sure you will be bale to help sort it our properly Bob, rather than try and patch up a problem. If it can't be fixed because of this buggered up shoulder then I will probably got back to what you said to try James as it appears to work a treat, but I do prefer to fix a crack rather than patch it over.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Hitting a push-fade isn't 'papering over the cracks' Adey, it's a viable solution to hit the ball well when you can't make a full turn (deep enough) or a correct backswing.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hitting a push-fade isn't 'papering over the cracks' Adey, it's a viable solution to hit the ball well when you can't make a full turn (deep enough) or a correct backswing.

Don't read what I wrote wrong mate. What I meant was I would like to try and sort my back swing out by having a bit of time with Bob at the range. But if it can't be fixed because of my shoulder, then, I am really happy with the 2 rounds that i have played hitting a push-fade as it appears to work a treat and is a great bit of advice.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Your posts are not invisible mate.....

Read what you advised regarding my swing problem. The 2 shots you described are spot on, that is what happens when I hit a bad one. I was chatting with my pro before going out this morning about it. Trying to do it in the shop and it was just not happening. Everytime I tried going back more on plane it hurt my shoulder and I could not get my hands any further back than around the 8 o'clock position maybe 9 at a push. I think the backswing is something I may have to live with.....:(

sorry I missed your reply :eek:

work with what you have, the straightest driver on tour at one point was Calvin Pete, remember him? if not google his swing, he had a broken arm and couldnt straighten it properly. You'll find a way....:thup:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
sorry I missed your reply :eek:

work with what you have, the straightest driver on tour at one point was Calvin Pete, remember him? if not google his swing, he had a broken arm and couldnt straighten it properly. You'll find a way....:thup:

Wow! look at that right leg straighten... SocketRocket would have a fit!!! :clap:

[video=youtube;Df53H60XTFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df53H60XTFU[/video]

....beautiful transition as he just gently 'falls' into his left side.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Adey,

I read what you are saying about your shoulder injury but I cant quite reconcile that you cant get the club back properly.

Can you just try this and let me know the result please:

Address a mid iron.
Take your left hand off the club.
Lift the club over the tip of your right shoulder by fully bending your right elbow. (keep your upper arm against your chest)
Turn your shoulders 90 degrees right.
Place your left hand back on the grip.

You will now be in a nice backswing position.

Last edited: