Another ridiculous set of irons. (Callaway Razr HL)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
If a driver can be 8 degrees or 12 degrees then why cant a wedge be 44 or 48?
as long as they dont hide the loft from customers it shouldnt be a problem (club specs can be found on the manufacturer websites). I never take any heed of what anyone else hits to a green so I dont see why it should matter.

It doesn't. What matters is that I buy a set that covers a nice yardage range.

leaney

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My wife has these clubs and I tried them at the range today and wow!!!! They go like rockets!!!!

PW 150 yards. Mine topes out at 110.

7 iron 180 yards. Mine tops out at 165.

And the best bit.....they're so easy to hit!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
It doesn't. What matters is that I buy a set that covers a nice yardage range.

If it was a set of 4-pw that is only 7 clubs, plenty of room for the correct wedges to compliment the set.The only consideration when buying lower lofted weapons would be making sure you dont leave a gaping hole but then that would be the same for all sets.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
If a driver can be 8 degrees or 12 degrees then why cant a wedge be 44 or 48?
as long as they dont hide the loft from customers it shouldnt be a problem (club specs can be found on the manufacturer websites). I never take any heed of what anyone else hits to a green so I dont see why it should matter.
This is the most important thing. The guy I play doubles with hits the ball a long way,it's often only fun to hear him say it's a PW from 155 !! Doesn't help me at all.

OldMate

Head Pro
Visit site
According to Callaway website, they are the same lengths ... And just one degree loft on all irons (apart from PW which is 44)

Madness. I don't understand the point to doing this - it all seems geared up to people who want to be able to tell their mates that they can hit PW 170. 44 degrees does not a PW make.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
For example, my PW is stock 47, de-lofted to 48.

RGD. That ain't de-lofted to me!

Yep.OEMs are constantly trying to gain some advantage, so marking a 9-iron as a PW seems a pretty easy way. Graphite has always tended to be slightly longer too (1/2 inch) as well.

Just ignore the labels and hit matching lofts.