Another record broke today

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I found around 30 balls one day at my 9 hole course. Most I’ve lost in one day is probably about 10.

maxy33

Visit site
I'll never forget the first time I played a new course up here - Longhirst Lakes if anyone knows it - and my pal lost 27 balls on the round!
The worst thing was that 3 of them were mine as he'd only brought 24! :LOL:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good job you're not with Fish on the Nicklaus course at St Mellion. You'd be submitting an NBL (no balls left return). Have to be honest and say if I was losing that many I'd jack it in and head to the bar

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Good job you're not with Fish on the Nicklaus course at St Mellion. You'd be submitting an NBL (no balls left return). Have to be honest and say if I was losing that many I'd jack it in and head to the bar

It might sound odd Homer, but some of my drives were worldlys. But playing shot number five off two par fives. Let's just say it's demoralising. At the end I was playing with a ball that normally I would hit down the range. Had to laugh, me last fairway shot was 170 to the pin, shot number 8. Straight as an arrow. 6 ft from the pin. A PP said " shot of the day". Missed the putt for a 10 😁

Tashyboy

Visit site
Excluding those that NRd, I came last. Another record. First time ave come last. 😁 Two records in a day. There's another first. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
You'd think these retired lot would be brilliant by now, nowt else to do but play golf and go on holidays! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
its hardly headline stuff is it Tashy???

"High handicapper loses golf balls shock"

mind you it might take the newspapers minds of Brexit:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Don't forget the comes last piece too. I've been last before and for all the mickey taking in the bar, next week it'll be someone else who plays badly

Not at this rate 😂

Just stocked me bag up with balls for tomorrow. Gonna make sure the boot is shut. 😁

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’ve returned after 3-days at StMellion a bit light, but with the many balls I found, even after abseiling down into the creeks, I’m possibly only have a nett loss of around 6 balls from over 3 rounds.

I’d dread to think how many it could have been, they weren’t even wild, some just hopped into the rough only 1ft to the side of the second cut never to be seen again and others couldn’t be reached after running down into the lateral hazard creaks.

Brutal, I’ve been 3 times now, not sure I’ll go again. Great set up, hotel, food and banter, but sometimes you just have to accept that you can’t play a course that tough and truly enjoy the experience 🤔

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I’ve returned after 3-days at StMellion a bit light, but with the many balls I found, even after abseiling down into the creeks, I’m possibly only have a nett loss of around 6 balls from over 3 rounds.

I’d dread to think how many it could have been, they weren’t even wild, some just hopped into the rough only 1ft to the side of the second cut never to be seen again and others couldn’t be reached after running down into the lateral hazard creaks.

Brutal, I’ve been 3 times now, not sure I’ll go again. Great set up, hotel, food and banter, but sometimes you just have to accept that you can’t play a course that tough and truly enjoy the experience 🤔
I think your sentiment is shared by many and I actually find the course soul destroying to play. I have no issue hitting a ball 20 yards off line and into the thick stuff never to be seen but like you say, when it simply takes a hop into the second rough and then just runs out by a foot and is lost you have to question why it is set up so tough all of the time as it sucks all of the fun of being on such a good course away