Another pint of claret gone.

wuuki456

Club Champion
Visit site
I sadly lost my Mam two years ago to cancer. When she was fighting her battle she had a blood transfusion. I can't express enough how grateful I am to those that donate. When your faced with the reality of it, the value of a pint of blood is priceless.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I sadly lost my Mam two years ago to cancer. When she was fighting her battle she had a blood transfusion. I can't express enough how grateful I am to those that donate. When your faced with the reality of it, the value of a pint of blood is priceless.

Sorry for for your loss wuuki. I started giving blood a good few years ago when my dad was diagnosed with Luekemia and was told he could give no more. He went through a tough time. He had a triple bypass before they gave him Luekemia treatment as his heart would not cope. It was upsetting hearing your old man say. "if I feel like this next week I will blow my brains out". He really went through a rough time
strange how he gave all those pints of blood and ended up getting it back. Some of it "radiated".

it was bittersweet being told you can donate platelets, but told you cannot donate blood. It's one or the other. Oh well.

ventura

Head Pro
Visit site
Donated for the 9th time tonight. There was a thread a few years ago with various stories that made me look up my nearest centre and have been going every 3/4 months since.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just been for a blood test and god damn its the most painful one ever! Think the guy used the largest needle he could find and has gone straight through some nerves or something. I started to get pain after donating blood too, think its time to switch arms! Think my left one is worn out!