Another pint of claret gone.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just got back from giving a pint of blood. My 18th.

Also signed up to give platelets so watch this space on that one.

talking to a bird I know who told me she gives blood coz they turned up at ASDA one day where she works 😳

Me me I give it because me dad developed Luekemia and had to stop so I started.

So who donates, and how many you give, and why 😁

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used to, they dont want me any more. I think i got to about 25. Did it as my mum and dad used to, think my dad got a badge or something for his 100th.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am coming up to my 30th, do it as I never know if I might need some blood in the future. I used to donate platelets but now I don't qualify for some reason

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
I've done it twice. Unfortunately due to Lancaster traffic and the distance I'd have to travel to donate it is no longer practical for me to do so. Hope to be able to do it again in the future.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Did it last night. I'm on 30 something, not sure about platelets, I don't know what's involved.

There was a notice when I went in saying desperate for platelet donors.

In essence 1 pint of claret goes to one person.

Platelets can go to a dozen kids and X number of adults. And you can donate every 4 weeks but takes about 1 1/2 hrs. Involves spinning blood. Pumping blood out and in.

Need an expert to explain. Ethan were are you.

The biggest draw back is people's time, but seeing as I am a retired fossil who has been advised to pack in golf ( cheers sky ) it works for me if accepted.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Used to give regularly as I am AB group.Was sitting on 70odds when I had to stop due to chemo/radiotherapy.Always been meaning to ask when/if I would be clear.I really must get this checked out(think I'll do that now!)

Jimbo

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have given about 50 donations but have not given much in the last few years. Unbelievably you have to pay to park if you are donating in the street next to the main place in Edinburgh. You really should be able to get a free parking sticker, no?

i have a negative blood group, which I think is rare, so MUST get back into it.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Just got back from giving a pint of blood. My 18th.

Also signed up to give platelets so watch this space on that one.

talking to a bird I know who told me she gives blood coz they turned up at ASDA one day where she works 😳

Me me I give it because me dad developed Luekemia and had to stop so I started.

So who donates, and how many you give, and why 😁
I did donate every 6 months for 30 years, but then I developed blood clots and was put on Warfarin. They won't take it now, because anybody it is transfused to is at increased risk of bleeding to death! :(

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Done it twice. First time was OK but second time it drained out of me so fast that i nearly fainted afterwards and had to lie down for nearly an hour.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would love to give blood as I owe my life to those that did after losing almost all of mine in a car accident.
I'm now tared with the "unclean" brush as I had transfusions (about 16 in total during a month in hospital) before CJD was known to be transferable through blood transfusions.

To those who did and still do give blood I really do thank you for what you have given me.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Taking to Missis T about the giving platelets thingy and she says you have to be careful with them as they can " bruise" if roughly handled 😳
But are valuable.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Just parred the 17th at our place and the phone rings.

Tash you have been successful in being chosen to donate platelets. So now no more claret to donate only platelets.

must of cheered me up coz I parred the 18th as well