Angry golfer

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I have a PP who when his head goes it is quite funny. He has never lobbed clubs etc. But when he has hit a bad shot and gone off on one he is still wound up when he is stood over the next shot. It inevitably leads to another bad shot and his head goes even more. He is a decent player playing off 10-12 Hcap in old money. And expects to hit every green in regulation. At times his putting is shocking.
The only time I get wound up is following slow players. Something I was working on quite well before lockdown.

Mandofred

Visit site
Are you aware it is now common knowledge that someone stood on Rory's ball?
Yep, I am aware......but that didn't come out until a day later in the interview I saw. I have no idea about Reed....I watch almost no golf. A lot of people seem to think he is ok, others not......the golfing public however has condemned him and I don't think he can do anything that would make them happy.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yep, I am aware......but that didn't come out until a day later in the interview I saw. I have no idea about Reed....I watch almost no golf. A lot of people seem to think he is ok, others not......the golfing public however has condemned him and I don't think he can do anything that would make them happy.
He could go and live on a desert island :unsure::whistle:

evemccc

Visit site

Exactly. The more I listen to the NLU pods the less I 'listen' to their opinions on pro-golfers...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The angry golfer makes for a miserable and irritating companion - and often turns into a round spoiler. It’s a game. Yes I get irritated with my stupidity, but i never mean to play a rubbish shot so try not and get too down with myself - I let it go and put it behind me.

Mandofred

Visit site
Exactly, it shows.

Reed is a well known cheat and has been forever. If we go back to the initial gut feelings, his ball obviously didn't plug after bouncing forward a couple of feet. It looked like he was fiddling round with his finger ? to make a hole. If his ball didn't plug and there was a hole after he was seen looking like he was making one, there's probably only one obvious answer given the fact that he is already known as a blatant cheat. You could be right....or wrong. Guilty until proven innocent.

Listen to a selection of podcasts from last week. Find some online TV clips of Faldo, Chamblee and Jim Nantz giving their views of what happened at the time.
Above you mention my disinterest in watching golf....now you want me to check all the tv clips.....hehehe.....

The dislike of Reed is earned, not just a witch hunt. Very likely....

I'm not disagreeing with you....I just find the situation a bit of a double standard.

Mandofred

Visit site
Double standard??

What don't you understand?

Everyone was confused about Rory's ball, and to say the whole golfing world immediately said "yeah it definitely 100% plugged because it was Rory" is not the case.

Now it is known (we are told) that someone trod on Rory's ball so that makes sense.
I just stated that to me it seemed a double standard. You disagree. I'm ok with that.